GT v Miami

LibertyTurns

Banned
2nd best team? I assume Clemson is the best so you're saying Miami is better than UGA?

Not sure most of the CFB world would agree with you.
Yes I wasn’t stuttering or mumbling, 2nd best.

You are referring to the same “experts” that picked Wash #5, Wisc #6, Barn #10, Stanford #14, VT #15, USC #16, FSU #18, Ore #23, SCe #25.

Mutts have a 1 dimensional offense and a flaccid defense. They can stop some of the more inept SEC offenses & can score a lot on some of the more inept SEC defenses. They may be Top 15, but they’re certainly not Top 5. If you’ve got a running game & run right at them & have a run defense and serviceable secondary they’re ripe for the picking. Bammer is going to slaughter them & it’s not going to suitable for women or children to watch.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Both the player videos are the reason I'm a GT fan. CPJ just seems tired of football and a total downer. I really don't care whether CPJ leaves or not: he's almost as good as Gailey or O'Leary. :eek: But these kids are great. (y)

Anyone who wants to knock on TM should watch the video. He gives his all and has been banged up. Our system needs to be adjusted to keep from beating our starting QB into the ground (tic). :cool:

Disagree about regarding CPJ being a downer. Giving honest answers and a different Q&A scenario. JMO

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Yes I wasn’t stuttering or mumbling, 2nd best.

You are referring to the same “experts” that picked Wash #5, Wisc #6, Barn #10, Stanford #14, VT #15, USC #16, FSU #18, Ore #23, SCe #25.

Mutts have a 1 dimensional offense and a flaccid defense. They can stop some of the more inept SEC offenses & can score a lot on some of the more inept SEC defenses. They may be Top 15, but they’re certainly not Top 5. If you’ve got a running game & run right at them & have a run defense and serviceable secondary they’re ripe for the picking. Bammer is going to slaughter them & it’s not going to suitable for women or children to watch.
I mean I'm not saying you're wrong but even you admit that they are close to Top 15.

Miami has lost their last 3 games...

LibertyTurns

Banned
I mean I'm not saying you're wrong but even you admit that they are close to Top 15.

Miami has lost their last 3 games...
Obviously you can be the better team & lose as well as the worse team & win. If seasons were 100 games, they’d even themselves out over time but they’re not. Close games get swung by losing too many 50-50 plays, couple of bad calls, bad bounces & even as we’ve seen inopportune and/or boneheaded HC playcalling, ie the Pitt fake punt.

Mutt belongs somewhere between maybe 8 & 15. They’re solid & fairly steady. They just have weaknesses which make them not an elite team. Certainly not Bammer talent, not even Clemp talent or even ND/Mich/OU, but more like WV,OsU, Wash St, maybe UCF.

Miami is loaded with talent. It can re-appear at any time. It’s probably more likely to appear after having lost 3 straight games & their manhood is being questioned. The only things that would probably prevent that from happening is what I said in another thread:
A. Fear of getting hurt in a relatively meaningless game to their superstars. One chop block like injury or someone has an injury that puts one of their NFL career in jeopardy & they’ll retreat to the bench, start playing passive.
B. In fighting may disrupt practices or coaches losing control of team by playing what the team believes is the wrong guy or hanging onto the wrong guy too long, ie their QB situation.
C. If we get them down, we had better keep our foot on their throat. If it’s too far from the end of the game & they get momentum, WTFO. They can make 21 pt leads disappear in a hurry.

But make no mistake, U possesses elite talent. They can roll us good if the wrong team shows up. If we get what has been normal for them a large part of the year, well that’s a different story.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You'd think the stage is set for a big Tech win. Tech is on the upswing, Miami is reeling. It's a prime time chance for GT to strut its stuff for the CFB-viewing world. Statement Night. Run the ball down their damn throat, baby!

So why am I so damn worried? UM has a talented defense which creates turnovers. They also have an embattled HC who is popular with his players and has a knack for beating Tech. And we've fallen on our face in prime time more than once before.

Y'all gotta help me thought this crisis of faith, at least until I can start drinking after breakfast today...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You'd think the stage is set for a big Tech win. Tech is on the upswing, Miami is reeling. It's a prime time chance for GT to strut its stuff for the CFB-viewing world. Statement Night. Run the ball down their damn throat, baby!

So why am I so damn worried? UM has a talented defense which creates turnovers. They also have an embattled HC who is popular with his players and has a knack for beating Tech. And we've fallen on our face in prime time more than once before.

Y'all gotta help me thought this crisis of faith, at least until I can start drinking after breakfast today...

I think UM has the better players but we play better as a team. At least so far, UM has usually found a way to lose, like UNC does this year and we did last year and some games this year.

GT football is just good enough to rip out your heart. (Most fans say that about their teams.) And after decades of watching GT football, get ready for the kick in the gonads. (Note I made that gender neutral for the women on the board!)

Other factors in our favor are we play better at home and seem to play better in the evening.

All we have after the season is that our team played their hardest and acted with integrity and humbleness. For that I am not worried.

It's going to be a great and long day of football stating at 3:30.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So why am I so damn worried?

This is exactly the opposite of what you asked for but there is also that 8 out of 9 streak that they got going. Others look at streaks against other teams (us vs. VT, us vs. Duke, us vs. the U) and dismiss them as random chance or totally independent events. I tend to believe otherwise, that some how or other these are dependent events even though coaches change, players change, etc. Because of this, I am extremely worried about this game. Of dear gods of college FB, please spare my gonads this Saturday night!

slugboy

Staff member

I guess I’m worried too. Miami gives us a couple of chances every time we play them to take the game and win. Lately, we keep missing that chance and then hand the game back to them.

If there was a game for the defense to show up and announce themselves, this one is it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Miami’s defense has been fairly solid all year but their offense has looked anemic in the games I’ve watched, especially with Perry at QB who will be starting on Saturday. Maybe it was the weather but Perry looked absolutely lost against Duke. I think we play well on both sides of the ball against Miami. Tech rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Miami by 7 if not more.
N’Kose is quarterbacking
Top defensive talent with experience on the T.O.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
N'Kosi Perry certainly can be a dangerous young QB; tons of talent, as a redshirt frosh he's capable of being very good (four TD passes in come-from-behind win over FSU) or not good at all (20 passing yards, two interceptions against Virginia). Probably the potentially most dangerous QB Miami has, but without tons of experience. He could light things up Saturday night, or get lit up. We'll see.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
N'Kosi Perry certainly can be a dangerous young QB; tons of talent, as a redshirt frosh he's capable of being very good (four TD passes in come-from-behind win over FSU) or not good at all (20 passing yards, two interceptions against Virginia). Probably the potentially most dangerous QB Miami has, but without tons of experience. He could light things up Saturday night, or get lit up. We'll see.
If history is any indicator, we tend to be a coming out party for new phenom QB's. Let's hope that Woody brings the heat and gets him off balance early.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
The high today in Coral Gables is 85. It will be 40 degrees in Atlanta at kickoff tomorrow. There will be no rain, and these South Florida boys will be half frozen. It will be an ugly first half, but the Jackets will roll these thUgs as they freeze and gnash their teeth in the cold Atlanta air.