GT v Miami

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Oh sweet white and gold Jesus, instead of prompting expressions of confidence, I’ve unearthed a deep vein of doubt.

Yellowjacket football fever - catch it! (And worry the rest of your damn life.)

I'm all-in on this game, lots of intangibles pointing our way ... including the revenge factor, several players have mentioned this week they still feel the sting of last years loss.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
All the pregame hype lasts until the first time you get hit in the mouth.

But faceguards...

Retribution is a big factor in college sports, and it will work in our favor. It doesn't go away at the first lick.

The fact that Miami is on a three game skid will probably be a motivating factor on their side. Should be a helluva game.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
You may be right but they started off the season ranked #8 and there’s no possible outcome that will make them happy at this point. I’m hoping they are still sporting the surrender cobra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, losing three in a row could possibly work against them. I think we'll be extra motivated for sure. Don't know about Miami.

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
We need to be good on special teams. Deep kicks and punts, and clean fielding on returns, hopefully with some return yards. If we get pinned deep Miami is the kind of team that will force a fumble-6.

And please don't fall forward and retreat into the end zone for a safety in a kickoff.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We need to be good on special teams. Deep kicks and punts, and clean fielding on returns, hopefully with some return yards. If we get pinned deep Miami is the kind of team that will force a fumble-6.

And please don't fall forward and retreat into the end zone for a safety in a kickoff.

Post of the day. ST can be enough to win or lose the game. The forgotten part of the game.

Wells is the breakout player of the year for me. We DESPERATELY needed someone to kick FGs (and EPs) and he appeared.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Oh sweet white and gold Jesus, instead of prompting expressions of confidence, I’ve unearthed a deep vein of doubt.

Yellowjacket football fever - catch it! (And worry the rest of your damn life.)
When I came down with YJFF, it was so bad I threw the B/W tv off the apartment balcony. No I didnt have a color tv.

An aggressive defense and a strong running ( or passing) attack is the only cure--- keep the pedal to the medal!
Go Jackets

MidtownJacket

Staff member
My bout of YJFF is still with me. It remained latent in my blood, waiting to jump out and infect me with anger or rage. The good news is, that like the hulk, I’ve learned the secret is to always be angry.

Hahah, seriously I am envisioning one of those cheesy drug commercials with testimonials about treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk