GT-UNC IS OFFICIALLY A WHITEOUT

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Oh and make no mistake, that was absolutely a foul.

ewan mcgregor laughing GIF

Haha. Payback is a bish ain't it, tar feets!

ACC commissioner big mad rn.
I do think RJ trying to oversell to get the call made them swallow their whistles. If he plays through it I think he gets the call. The alternate views show a little contact early and then an academy award worthy performance while shooting the ball

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Oh and make no mistake, that was absolutely a foul.

ewan mcgregor laughing GIF

Haha. Payback is a bish ain't it, tar feets!

ACC commissioner big mad rn.
If that last play was a foul, there were a number of other play calls that went against GT earlier that evened things out….

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought sure Teddy was going to call a foul there at the end. Maybe he felt like he owed us one, which he did.
I have seen a lot of debate on X whether or not that last played should have been called a foul. I think it is one of those 50/50 calls. To me, Davis rammed into EO, initiating the contact and flaring backwards. For that reason, I don't think the ref bailed him out with a foul call (his flopping seemed to hurt him). I am glad to be on this end of a call, for sure.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Very similar to Duke Clemson last Saturday but the foul was called and proctor hit 2 free throws for the win with 1 second on the clock.
I actually thought Davis initiated the contact around the foul line and I think it was Kelly who may have gotten a piece of the shot without reaching in. Good move by Stoudamire to but a taller and athletic guy on Davis.
I would say that one difference is that Proctor got bumped in the air where Davis ran right into EO.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Very similar to Duke Clemson last Saturday but the foul was called and proctor hit 2 free throws for the win with 1 second on the clock.
I actually thought Davis initiated the contact around the foul line and I think it was Kelly who may have gotten a piece of the shot without reaching in. Good move by Stoudamire to but a taller and athletic guy on Davis.
I thought the same thing WRT the Duke / Clemson finish. I thought it was a suspect call to make in that situation too…
The Filipowski “and 1” that put Duke up one possession prior was also pretty suspect. Hard to believe refs would come up with two suspect calls in favor of the Dukies… at Cameron… late in a game they’re trailing…

Last edited:

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Had a great time at the game last night. it did remind me of the Bobby Cremins days when the crowd was juiced when UNC and Dook came to town and we all always felt like we had a chance to win even if we were underdogs. Of course, when we had the ball down one with 30 seconds, I felt like "i've seen this movie before" and honestly expected that we might just turn it over before we even take a shot because that's what has mostly happened in those spots over the last 15 years. I loved that Nait was not afraid to make a play. [It does seem that only Nait, and Kyle want the ball in big moments (maybe Baye too) certainly not Kelly]. Nait was like Jarrett JAck fearless. My 12 year old son was with me and, as you can imagine, he has seen some awful basketball in his days and some sh*tty finishes, and he actually wept when clock hit 0:00 and he apparently was on ESPN since he got a text during the game from a girl at school: "OMG you are on TV!" GT finally gave him a great night. Here's to many more.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Of course, when we had the ball down one with 30 seconds, I felt like "i've seen this movie before" and honestly expected that we might just turn it over before we even take a shot because that's what has mostly happened in those spots over the last 15 years.
I had the exact fame feeling.

Wasn't at the game. My dad (yellow jacket fan) and my mom (tar heel fan) went together after finding two tickets on StubHub last minute.

Mom is not happy.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I have seen a lot of debate on X whether or not that last played should have been called a foul. I think it is one of those 50/50 calls. To me, Davis rammed into EO, initiating the contact and flaring backwards. For that reason, I don't think the ref bailed him out with a foul call (his flopping seemed to hurt him). I am glad to be on this end of a call, for sure.
he owed us one after the BC game.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Best part of the last call was cryin' a** Jay Williams, stepping all over the call, begging for the foul. Dude, stfu and let the guy call the game winning stop.
Jay Williams is pretty unbearable sometimes. Stoodivert was killing me all night, then crying for the foul at the end was too much. Reece Davis is a real pro to be able to deal with him as broadcast partner.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Jay Williams is pretty unbearable sometimes. Stoodivert was killing me all night, then crying for the foul at the end was too much. Reece Davis is a real pro to be able to deal with him as broadcast partner.
Yeah, good no-call but upset the UNC narrative he was working with all night.

If they had called a foul it could just as easily been against the UNC guy climbing over someone’s back to get a possible rebound.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

He did the game as if he had an expected outcome (UNC winning) instead of just calling the game. Jmho