GT-UNC IS OFFICIALLY A WHITEOUT

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Danny be like, I'm a GT man now......

ian hecox mom GIF
oh she knows GT is #1 in my heart. But I still love her and love UNC. I’ll cheer for the Heels whenever they don’t play Tech.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I missed the first half and early part of the second. I have it recorded so I’ll take a look later, but question with regard to Sturdivant…
Saw him handling the ball as PG (starting the offense) more than he has in previous games. He was also playing that role with Nait on the floor several times, so it wasn’t to get Nait rest.
Question is: was he handling the ball because of his hot hand or was he handling it before he got going also? I’m curious if it was strategic / planned going into the game. Sometimes guys (especially shooters) need to touch the ball and get into the flow of the game. Maybe the decision to let him handle led to his hot hand and not vice versa? Hoping we’ve found something there that not only spells Nait but opens up another dynamic on offense.
Maybe the loss of Ndongo prompted the change… thought being that Nait may need to be more of a scorer?
Anyone like to opine before I get to sit down with my recording?
I just read your post and my two cents on your question is maybe it had to do with who was guarding both Nail and Kyle. Perhaps coach felt that Kyle had a better matchup so he ran point. Not sure if that's truly the reason but you can't argue with the results.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Wait! Fouls GT - 17 and UCH - 16?

This was a Teddy V game? Did I just see a pig fly?
I'd have to watch the replay to see when it was but Tv Teddy called a possession for us on a ball that was deflected out of bounds like only he can do. In chat I remarked he had switched to our side at that moment. We got 3-4 calls after that which were 50-50's. Normally we get 1 or 0. He also gave us 2-3 extra timeouts to catch our breath while reviewing calls that were pretty damn clear like the unc attempted steal that hit the bottom of the backboard. It was all we needed, a handful of calls to go our way in the 2nd half to balance out the game from the first 20 mins.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I just read your post and my two cents on your question is maybe it had to do with who was guarding both Nail and Kyle. Perhaps coach felt that Kyle had a better matchup so he ran point. Not sure if that's truly the reason but you can't argue with the results.
That’s a very fair assumption… especially when we consider how we shifted back to Nait to exploit Cadeau when he got in foul trouble. Also maybe an attempt to make Davis (hopefully) work more defensively?

I think we did it mostly from necessity, but I feel like the “by committee” approach worked really well at several spots. Guys seemed fresh, explosive, productive. Nait and Sturdy were most pronounced in my opinion ( mostly because replacing Ndongo HAD to be by committee) but I feel like a lot of guys responded really well to additional minutes and expanded roles. Maybe something worth pushing a little more down the stretch?

Last edited:

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
yeah, I watched that. Good interview. I wish his grammar was better.
In a previous post I mentioned a great interview by CDS even though he might not be the most elegant speaker. It was a typo and meant eloquent . Did some research. It’s called AAVE. African American Vernacular English. Criticizing it is a common mistake that has been costly to many that do not speak English the same as you or I. I regret my earlier post and have come to love listening to CDS speak and am sure nothing insulting was meant here. I love his basketball acumen even more than his speech and I suggest we all refrain from this kind of critique in the future.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
In a previous post I mentioned a great interview by CDS even though he might not be the most elegant speaker. It was a typo and meant eloquent . Did some research. It’s called AAVE. African American Vernacular English. Criticizing it is a common mistake that has been costly to many that do not speak English the same as you or I. I regret my earlier post and have come to love listening to CDS speak and am sure nothing insulting was meant here. I love his basketball acumen even more than his speech and I suggest we all refrain from this kind of critique in the future.
Thanks for the info. I now understand. I wish everyone did. Thanks again.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I love listening to Damon. When he speaks I can just feel the passion he has for the game and the guys he's coaching. He comes across as a very real person and that just connects with me.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why anyone has their panties in a bind over the way he communicates. We’re not paying him to write poetry and do tv commercials.

Personally I liked when he started talking about tricking the kids into doing what he wanted, one of the most honest leadership discussions I’ve heard in a pretty damn long time. These are kids, but even grown *** men sometimes need a nudge (stick, honey or whatever).

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why anyone has their panties in a bind over the way he communicates. We’re not paying him to write poetry and do tv commercials.

Personally I liked when he started talking about tricking the kids into doing what he wanted, one of the most honest leadership discussions I’ve heard in a pretty damn long time. These are kids, but even grown *** men sometimes need a nudge (stick, honey or whatever).
I understand him perfectly fine even with his run on sentences and vocalized pauses. Those things matter very little. I just want him to lead our team to victory. Whether he is the most eloquent public speaker has no impact on our success.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Exactly. Shiiiii, half these blokes out here with no idea how to use 'their' and 'you're' properly but wanna critique a basketball coach on prepositional phrases and whatnot.

Full House Reaction GIF

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve read where our beloved Coach Cremins struggled to score 801 on his SAT and was considered illiterate when he arrived at USCe. We listened to him mangle pronunciations and phrases and loved him as an awesome person and coach.

How terrific would it be for DS to follow in the Cremins tradition and become our next great coach.