GT-UNC IS OFFICIALLY A WHITEOUT

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand him perfectly fine even with his run on sentences and vocalized pauses. Those things matter very little. I just want him to lead our team to victory. Whether he is the most eloquent public speaker has no impact on our success.
If he never said a word but led us to great success I wouldn't care. How or if he speaks means nothing to me, just win.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Your right, @kg01. Coach’s grammar is better than most of they’rs.

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Not sure where the threaded is headed, but I'm reading up on it in my handy dandy Hitchhikers Guide to Murderous Etiquette and Queen Anne's Table Manners, V2.

Read Harley Quinn GIF

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
As I recall, Cremins' speaking "oddities" become something that endeared him to many GT fans. Why couldn't it be the same with Coach S?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Had a great time at the game last night. it did remind me of the Bobby Cremins days when the crowd was juiced when UNC and Dook came to town and we all always felt like we had a chance to win even if we were underdogs. Of course, when we had the ball down one with 30 seconds, I felt like "i've seen this movie before" and honestly expected that we might just turn it over before we even take a shot because that's what has mostly happened in those spots over the last 15 years. I loved that Nait was not afraid to make a play. [It does seem that only Nait, and Kyle want the ball in big moments (maybe Baye too) certainly not Kelly]. Nait was like Jarrett JAck fearless. My 12 year old son was with me and, as you can imagine, he has seen some awful basketball in his days and some sh*tty finishes, and he actually wept when clock hit 0:00 and he apparently was on ESPN since he got a text during the game from a girl at school: "OMG you are on TV!" GT finally gave him a great night. Here's to many more.
What a great story.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I’ve read where our beloved Coach Cremins struggled to score 801 on his SAT and was considered illiterate when he arrived at USCe. We listened to him mangle pronunciations and phrases and loved him as an awesome person and coach.

How terrific would it be for DS to follow in the Cremins tradition and become our next great coach.
yep, there was that great story about Cremins going to Enid,Ok to recruit Mark Price.Mark said later than he couldn't understand the "Bobbyisms" at all but he felt his passion so much.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I found it interesting that CDS came out with the comment that "our best player went out four minutes in." I'm not sure Kelly would agree with Coach. I'm not sure I would agree with Coach. Ndongo is a rare talent and is going to be very good, but he still has rough spots and is learning. Kelly is still our best player, in my opinion, and can take over a game.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I found it interesting that CDS came out with the comment that "our best player went out four minutes in." I'm not sure Kelly would agree with Coach. I'm not sure I would agree with Coach. Ndongo is a rare talent and is going to be very good, but he still has rough spots and is learning. Kelly is still our best player, in my opinion, and can take over a game.
Popularity is never owned. It’s rented, and rent is due everyday.

No one on this board knows this roster better than CDS. Kelly is the highest profile player on the roster for sure. But he needs to play like a star for more than 2 minutes at a time and avoid long sullen silences in order to be considered our best performer

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
A fun new discussion issue. I must have way too much free time on my hands. Assume you get to attend a mid-season Thursday practice session and CDS decides to run a scrimmage, allowing you to choose one of the teams and picking first. Who do you pick? I’d take Ndongo first and George second if he was available and Sturdivant second if George was gone. At the third pick I’d take, in order from what’s left, Kelly (surely gone already), Reeves ( surely gone already) or Lance Terry who is practicing. Claude or Deebo for 4th pick, whichever is left. 5th from what is left of Gapare, Sacko & Murphy.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Popularity is never owned. It’s rented, and rent is due everyday.

No one on this board knows this roster better than CDS. Kelly is the highest profile player on the roster for sure. But he needs to play like a star for more than 2 minutes at a time and avoid long sullen silences in order to be considered our best performer
I agree with this. But I also think that teams are focusing on taking him out of the game offensively. In the first half against UNC they were playing off him and allowing him to get into rhythm and having space for his shot. He went for 15 or so in the first half. In the 2nd half, they made a concerted effort to shut him down offensively, and we saw that. I still think Kelly is the best player on the team. I agree that CDS is the better judge of that.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
A fun new discussion issue. I must have way too much free time on my hands. Assume you get to attend a mid-season Thursday practice session and CDS decides to run a scrimmage, allowing you to choose one of the teams and picking first. Who do you pick? I’d take Ndongo first and George second if he was available and Sturdivant second if George was gone. At the third pick I’d take, in order from what’s left, Kelly (surely gone already), Reeves ( surely gone already) or Lance Terry who is practicing. Claude or Deebo for 4th pick, whichever is left. 5th from what is left of Gapare, Sacko & Murphy.
I think Gapare's ceiling is astronomical. Still all potential.