GT to play at MB stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Since Gary Stokan is supposed to be at the press conference, I would assume that it will be run by the Peach Bowl and be a neutral site game. That would mean that approximately half of the tickets would go to GT and half to the visiting team probably split in the end zones. That would also mean that the PA announcing and graphics on the overhead screens would also be neutral. No whistle on GT first downs, and celebrations of opponent first downs.

We won't know for sure until the announcements, and maybe not really know after the announcements. IF GT can put GT season ticket holders in good seats(Suite ticket in suites instead of between the 40s, People with 40-40 yard line tickets between the 40s instead of past the 10 yard line), use a PA announcer who is obviously pro-GT, and control the screens and PA music to ensure that it is all pro-GT, then my reaction will be more positive. IF GT plays a conference home game as a true neutral site game in which: the opposing fans get as good or better seats that GT season ticket holders, the PA announcer is excited about every big play including the opponent's, and the graphics and music are neutral to both teams: then I will be disappointed.
Alot of ifs in there :) but I agree. If this is to announce Tech playing in some CFA games then that is awesome.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Hmmmm.... beer sales in the coolest place to watch a game in the city where I won’t bake in the noon-game heat?

What, exactly, is the problem here?
Because this is our stadium :
bobby-dodd-stadium-1000-general.jpg

The InstAtute

Georgia Tech Fan
I personally like the idea, but it does carry some risk:
Pros:
1) Larger Pay Day. Follow the money.
2) Recruiting tool. High School kids want to play in this stadium.
3). Help promote the Tech brand as being in the Center of College Football. This will generate discussion.
4). Chance to increase ATL sidewalk fans that want to see Tech and MB stadium.
5) Better chance for a night game as MB is better designed to handle
6). CGC will use this as a marketing tool
7). Leg Humping Mutts will hate the idea

Cons:
1) Chance of loosing home field advantage
2). Good chance of crowds being 50/50...
3). Season ticket holder hassles
4). Mutts will begin pushing for COFH to be played at MB rather than Bobby Dodd.

What we can be sure of moving forward. Georgia Tech football is going to see lots of changes both on and off the field to make us more visible in College Footballl. We have to work on improving our Brand which will help all Tech sports.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I personally like the idea, but it does carry some risk:
Pros:
1) Larger Pay Day. Follow the money.
2) Recruiting tool. High School kids want to play in this stadium.
3). Help promote the Tech brand as being in the Center of College Football. This will generate discussion.
4). Chance to increase ATL sidewalk fans that want to see Tech and MB stadium.
5) Better chance for a night game as MB is better designed to handle
6). CGC will use this as a marketing tool
7). Leg Humping Mutts will hate the idea

Cons:
1) Chance of loosing home field advantage
2). Good chance of crowds being 50/50...
3). Season ticket holder hassles
4). Mutts will begin pushing for COFH to be played at MB rather than Bobby Dodd.

What we can be sure of moving forward. Georgia Tech football is going to see lots of changes both on and off the field to make us more visible in College Footballl. We have to work on improving our Brand which will help all Tech sports.
BDS handles night games fine. Its actually one of the selling points of the AD. However, if we want to sell out go all in, do away with campus games. This isn't a half *** decision. Go all in at BDS or all in at MBS.

The InstAtute

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree BDS handles night games great, but the elements outside BDS do not handle night games well. The lack of formal parking lots make this challenging for fans that are not familiar with the Tech campus.

The InstAtute

Georgia Tech Fan
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...92/neutral-site-games-college-football-week-1

Here is a little more insight to what we are dealing with in College Football. All things considered, we can use this to our advantage to lure teams to ATL to play Tech. I believe we have had several incidents where out of state teams travel to ATL and play at MB or the Dome and effectively steal publicity from Tech. Like it or not we are in the Heart of the College Football World. Teams are chomping at the bit to play in Atlanta.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Clearly a cash grab at selling 15k-20k more tickets to (predominantly) away fans. Pretty sad...I hope the extra revenue this will bring in is enough to justify it.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/9/1/16135692/neutralbe -site-games-college-football-week-1

Here is a little more insight to what we are dealing with in College Football. All things considered, we can use this to our advantage to lure teams to ATL to play Tech. I believe we have had several incidents where out of state teams travel to ATL and play at MB or the Dome and effectively steal publicity from Tech. Like it or not we are in the Heart of the College Football World. Teams are chomping at the bit to play in Atlanta.
If we could get the ACC from killing us on this we would be fine

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Can't we at least wait for the press conference tomorrow before everyone gets their panties in a twist? The overreactions on here are just ridiculous, what a bunch of divas.

If we have one MBS stadium game per year to help with recruiting and money I don't see the issue. Especially if it's early in the year or the CFA kickoff game and we get to skip one of our 100 degree nooners.

If we are turning a conference home game into a neutral site game each year than I will understand the anger. But let's wait to see the details, even if that is the case I still think it will be a "home" game and our season ticket holders will get the same seats as usual. This is different than the UT game where tickets were divided 50/50.

Mutts will begin pushing for COFH to be played at MB rather than Bobby Dodd.
That actually might play in Tech's favor, because we would never have to go to the cesspool again. Although, knowing them, they would only want it at MBS in years not scheduled for Athens. If it's going to be one year, then it needs to be every year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Simple....when you rarely sell out your own stadium, you are not going to sell an additional 30k tickets to YOUR fans. You have turn a home game into a neutral field solely for a few extra dollars. Why not just sign a deal to play Bama at Bama and take the dollars for the loss
If u do the math on first downs for last 2 years, gt has its fcs team and Clemson and uga have us. We arent competitive.

I suggest we all double our giving and try to make it to a successful year 4 of cgc.

I think that like the blue, mbs will be a part of our future.. Might as well beat nd.

Can't we at least wait for the press conference tomorrow before everyone gets their panties in a twist? The overreactions on here are just ridiculous, what a bunch of divas.

If we have one MBS stadium game per year to help with recruiting and money I don't see the issue. Especially if it's early in the year or the CFA kickoff game and we get to skip one of our 100 degree nooners.

If we are turning a conference home game into a neutral site game each year than I will understand the anger. But let's wait to see the details, even if that is the case I still think it will be a "home" game and our season ticket holders will get the same seats as usual. This is different than the UT game where tickets were divided 50/50.
Since it would be Tech home game, then make the ticket allotment 60/40 for Tech fans. And once we're winning consistently, maybe up it to 70/30

I agree BDS handles night games great, but the elements outside BDS do not handle night games well. The lack of formal parking lots make this challenging for fans that are not familiar with the Tech campus.
And you think outside MBS is any better? I parked at "The Gulch" for that game, and I wouldn't want to make a habit of that. Getting out was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.