GT signing day update ...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
DFCF7675-31FB-4438-BA4B-4BB4C58693D1.jpeg
Signing Day and guess whose team won the competition.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
At gt Twitter they have video clip of each recruit!
We are no longer engineering for success. Are we are engineering and marketing for success. ?

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Don't know, but I'm pretty sure they have better schools.
I've worked in public education my whole adult life in 3 different states: Ga, FL and Va. I've worked in the hood and I've worked in white bread world. The main difference in the quality of schools around the country is the quality of students and the parental support at home.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Not sure of the question but if u r in school and were admitted under a scholarship offer regardless of if you are being redshirted or not you count against the 85. So that means at any time. Redshirting doesnt have anything to do with it. Its admitted in school under scholarship
In essence, any school is commiting to pay for five years of a S/A's time on campus outside of a medical redshirt, right?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I've worked in public education my whole adult life in 3 different states: Ga, FL and Va. I've worked in the hood and I've worked in white bread world. The main difference in the quality of schools around the country is the quality of students and the parental support at home.

This is a conversation for another thread ... so I hope you get in trouble for derailing and not me :D ... but I'd say that's a major factor but not an automatic. Said another way, I think a group of "poor quality" students can be saved.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
TRUTH! Can support this 1000% as the husband of a 9th Grade Math Teach (and Tech Alumna)!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
In essence, any school is commiting to pay for five years of a S/A's time on campus outside of a medical redshirt, right?

Most schools have scholarships as year to year, although nobody really pulls schollys for poor performance (more likely to use medicals or encourage a transfer). Once a kid is on a ship, though, they count against your 85 until they’re no longer in school. They do this because they know damn well a guy like Saban would sign kids to a first year scholarship then tell them they have to pay the rest of the way.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I do agree that parental support at home is the number one factor in the quality of the school and the education of its students.
But getting back to the original topic, it's great to have these connections to Pennsylvania. I didn't realize until recently that it's one of the most fertile grounds in the country for highly-rated HS football players.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Leadership. The principal is key.