GT signing day update ...

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Getting Griffin is awesome! That said, aren't all the complaints about us already having something like 13 RBs? And don't folks expect us to take one of our remaining 4*s in BJS and move him to running back as well?

Of all our positions, I thought Benson, Mason, and Howard would be more than sufficient. Definitely happy. And I guess you take whatever 4* you can get. Just doesn't seem like a position of immediate roster need when considering balance.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Getting Griffin is awesome! That said, aren't all the complaints about us already having something like 13 RBs? And don't folks expect us to take one of our remaining 4*s in BJS and move him to running back as well?

Of all our positions, I thought Benson, Mason, and Howard would be more than sufficient. Definitely happy. And I guess you take whatever 4* you can get. Just doesn't seem like a position of immediate roster need when considering balance.

Well, we have lots of RB's, but we didn't have any like him. And this move is just as much about creating recruiting momentum. Getting a 4 star in-state prospect over the other schools that wanted him is huge. Other guys that we are targeting for the future are watching and now see GT as a realistic option for them. This is the big picture beyond the immediate roster needs.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Well, we have lots of RB's, but we didn't have any like him. And this move is just as much about creating recruiting momentum. Getting a 4 star in-state prospect over the other schools that wanted him is huge. Other guys that we are targeting for the future are watching and now see GT as a realistic option for them. This is the big picture beyond the immediate roster needs.

Again, happy we got him for sure. Just saying, doesn't make sense to complain about all of the RBs and then recruit more RBs. lol.

That said, I am not a "recruiting guy" and have not watched his film. Why do you say we don't have any RBs "like him." Certainly, by measurables we do. His measurables are very similar to Benson and Mason's, and he is in fact smaller than Howard. Besides being theoretically a better player based on the 4* rating, what does he bring that those guys don't? (Not to say being better isn't enough. I was just curious when you said he brings something "unlike" those other guys.")

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Again, happy we got him for sure. Just saying, doesn't make sense to complain about all of the RBs and then recruit more RBs. lol.

That said, I am not a "recruiting guy" and have not watched his film. Why do you say we don't have any RBs "like him." Certainly, by measurables we do. His measurables are very similar to Benson and Mason's, and he is in fact smaller than Howard. Besides being theoretically a better player based on the 4* rating, what does he bring that those guys don't? (Not to say being better isn't enough. I was just curious when you said he brings something "unlike" those other guys.")

They probably have some more Idea on who will be transitioning positions at this point. Maybe we have more slot guys than he initially thought.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Probably not that much different than Benson but Benson is a senior this year coming off knee surgery. I believe Howard will be a full back if we use one. I hope this guy is like Dwyer with that top end speed and vision.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

By using the term "like him"... maybe he's not like the RB's that we've had the last few years in that he moves not only in a straightline or on an arc but one who can put some moves on a defender.