Gt schedule 2018

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
When are we ever gonna put auburn on our schedule I wouldn't mind playing them maybe they can replace gawga as a rivalry since gawga wants out we need to schedule auburn I think there offense is terrible I say Malzahn doesn't make it before 2020 I say he's done before 2020 there btw I say we beat alcorn st bowling green 8-4 going to a decent bowl game basically we need to be bowl eligible that's it it's gonna be a great year and I say we beat the dawgs this year we got this!

1) That's one helluva run on sentence.

2) Auburn just extended Malzahn's contract for another 7 years. He'll be there for at least another 4 years, I'd say.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Lots more questions than answers imo.

Who will play the nose? No idea and. I idea if they can be effective.

Who will rush the QB? Apparently multiple but I see no proven threat here. Vic will start at one OLB....the other?

DL. Only one disruptive player imo, Branch.

ILB. I feel pretty good with Mitchell and Swilling holding the inside.

Secondary. No definite starters set yet. No proven shut down corners. We replace the whole secondary with unproven youth or former backups.
Whatever happened to that rationale against the 3-4 because we could not recruit the big nose tackle it required? Don't I remember this or am I making it up?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Whatever happened to that rationale against the 3-4 because we could not recruit the big nose tackle it required? Don't I remember this or am I making it up?
I think you are correct for most 3-4 defenses. I believe Woody likes a very quick nose tackle to attack either gap and either get disruptive penetration or draw a double team. I do not believe he wants the NT to first control the center and then pursue to the ball, ala GROH. A smaller but quick NT may work well in Woody's scheme.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
They played DT not NT. Martin played in 2 games. Neither Cerge nor Glanton dominated anyone. So we may have some idea but lots of questions with few answers yet.

They played NT in the Spring under Woody. There were spring practice reports.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
When are we ever gonna put auburn on our schedule I wouldn't mind playing them maybe they can replace gawga as a rivalry since gawga wants out we need to schedule auburn I think there offense is terrible I say Malzahn doesn't make it before 2020 I say he's done before 2020 there btw I say we beat alcorn st bowling green 8-4 going to a decent bowl game basically we need to be bowl eligible that's it it's gonna be a great year and I say we beat the dawgs this year we got this!
It was just a couple or three years ago that we tentatively had Auburn. Until the Auburn ball coach found out and killed that idea deader than a Trump cowlick. Sometimes we need to remember that it takes two to schedule a game, and while it is dismissed and ridiculed as a gimmick or a high school offense, nobody wants to play it. It makes them actually have to do that thing they are paid for, you know, actually coach.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
It was just a couple or three years ago that we tentatively had Auburn. Until the Auburn ball coach found out and killed that idea deader than a Trump cowlick. Sometimes we need to remember that it takes two to schedule a game, and while it is dismissed and ridiculed as a gimmick or a high school offense, nobody wants to play it. It makes them actually have to do that thing they are paid for, you know, actually coach.
I’ve heard it’s because we chopblock so much. It’s a safety thing I’m sure. ;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I said we have more questions than answers, not “no idea.”

????

This was your earlier post (emphasis added):

Lots more questions than answers imo.

Who will play the nose? No idea and. I idea if they can be effective.

Who will rush the QB? Apparently multiple but I see no proven threat here. Vic will start at one OLB....the other?

DL. Only one disruptive player imo, Branch.

ILB. I feel pretty good with Mitchell and Swilling holding the inside.

Secondary. No definite starters set yet. No proven shut down corners. We replace the whole secondary with unproven youth or former backups.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
????

This was your earlier post (emphasis added):

So who is starting at NT? Last I saw KCH, Martin, and Adams were all being mentioned. I guess I missed the announcement. Until you tell me (emphasis added) I have no idea who will win this starting job. That’s a question still for me until you help clarify.

And it’s quite a bit different than saying “We have no idea about the defense.” That is something another poster wrote but I wasn’t taking him literally. I think he was conveying what I stipulated. That there are more questions still than answers. Is this all truly too difficult to understand?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So who is starting at NT? Last I saw KCH, Martin, and Adams were all being mentioned. I guess I missed the announcement. Until you tell me (emphasis added) I have no idea who will win this starting job. That’s a question still for me until you help clarify.

And it’s quite a bit different than saying “We have no idea about the defense.” That is something another poster wrote but I wasn’t taking him literally. I think he was conveying what I stipulated. That there are more questions still than answers. Is this all truly too difficult to understand?

LOL

I know how to respond when confronted with this depth of conviction: "Yes, dear."

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think you know wtf you are talking about this time. I’m damn sure unable to figure out where your own confusion comes from in this thread.

It's not that big a deal to me.

When you use pronouns like WE and OUR, you rhetorically assume that everyone or every reasonable person shares your point of view.

As I said before, I think reasonable people can say that we know enough from Spring to have SOME idea about who will play nose (your list of three admits that) and have many questions answered.

Obviously, we never know as much as the coaches every year. The coaches say they don't really know what we have as a team until we start playing other teams.

I appreciate a perspective that focuses only on the unknown. However, I find it boring, and I disagree with posts that suggest that it is the only reasonable perspective.

That being said, I'm perfectly able to recognize when my perspective is deemed not worth considering, so, "Yes, Dear."

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
I guess I don’t know you guys well enough yet. I have a tough time figuring out who is being witty/sarcastic/angry sometimes. I’ve only ever been a Tech fan and have lurked on these and other boards for about 13 years. I’ve always been curious if other fan bases fight each other as much as we do. Is it possible that we are so used to being the smartest person in the room that we don’t play well when the room is full of us? All I’m sure about is that Supersize is really old and that Tech is going to win a lot of games this year.

I guess I don’t know you guys well enough yet. I have a tough time figuring out who is being witty/sarcastic/angry sometimes. I’ve only ever been a Tech fan and have lurked on these and other boards for about 13 years. I’ve always been curious if other fan bases fight each other as much as we do. Is it possible that we are so used to being the smartest person in the room that we don’t play well when the room is full of us? All I’m sure about is that Supersize is really old and that Tech is going to win a lot of games this year.
LOL

Well, you got me pinned. :)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It's not that big a deal to me.

When you use pronouns like WE and OUR, you rhetorically assume that everyone or every reasonable person shares your point of view.

As I said before, I think reasonable people can say that we know enough from Spring to have SOME idea about who will play nose (your list of three admits that) and have many questions answered.

Obviously, we never know as much as the coaches every year. The coaches say they don't really know what we have as a team until we start playing other teams.

I appreciate a perspective that focuses only on the unknown. However, I find it boring, and I disagree with posts that suggest that it is the only reasonable perspective.

That being said, I'm perfectly able to recognize when my perspective is deemed not worth considering, so, "Yes, Dear."

I think you overly parsed some of my words a bit. All good though.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll take a stab at USF....

USF graduated 25 Seniors/Graduate students after the 2017 football season. Of those, 18 (I think) were either starters is 2nd team backups. On offense, the losses to graduation include the starting quarterback, three offensive linemen, three running backs, four wide receivers (2 with lots of playing time), and three tight ends. They also lost two placekickers and their punter. On defense, losses include 3 defensive linemen, 2 linebackers (1 all-conference), and 3 DBs. USF has some very talented players returning, but most are young and have limited playing experience. Georgia Tech gets them early in the season and should win this game handily. But let's not overlook them, Coach Strong will have them ready to play - and they play fast.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I'll take a stab at USF....

USF graduated 25 Seniors/Graduate students after the 2017 football season. Of those, 18 (I think) were either starters is 2nd team backups. On offense, the losses to graduation include the starting quarterback, three offensive linemen, three running backs, four wide receivers (2 with lots of playing time), and three tight ends. They also lost two placekickers and their punter. On defense, losses include 3 defensive linemen, 2 linebackers (1 all-conference), and 3 DBs. USF has some very talented players returning, but most are young and have limited playing experience. Georgia Tech gets them early in the season and should win this game handily. But let's not overlook them, Coach Strong will have them ready to play - and they play fast.
So, you want to call this another .8 for GT, .2 for USF? or are you more or less confident than that?