Gt schedule 2018

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
So, spring practice is over, we have a decent idea of what the starting lineup is going to look like, I think we have a decent idea of what kind of team we have.

Yes, there is potential for guys to surprise us or disappoint, but I think we largely understand the squad.

I think it would be fun for people to give short capsules of teams on Georgia Tech schedule this year that they happen to know about. I'll do UVA, obviously, and I can probably do Virginia Tech as well. You guys can obviously do uga. I'd be curious if anybody can do pitt or South Florida, or the North Carolina schools.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
UVa:
Defense: we lose our three most talented Defenders, the last high star guys who were here before Bronco Mendenhall started his crusade of recruiting two stars who will run through walls for him.

For all of his idiosyncrasies, Bronco knows X's and O's on defense. I expect us to field a low Talent, high-effort defense, that will probably be average to slightly below-average.

Offensively, we have dipped into the transfer quarterback well again and gotten a Juco kid out of Arizona. Kid supposedly has a really good set of wheels and a meh arm. I would expect us to try and look like a poor mans Louisville.

We will run spread option, we will run invert veer, will be in the shotgun 100% of the time, we will throw a bunch of nickel-and-dime stuff underneath and try and break plays.

All pretty boilerplate these days. The one thing offensively that might make us a little bit entertaining and fun to watch is that Bronco for the last three years has been building a pint-size army of wide receivers. He loves 5 foot 9, 175 pound Jitterbug wide receivers, and apparently is just going to try and quit teams to death on the perimeter with a lot of smoke routes and underneath stuff and then get guys in the open field.

I think Georgia Tech ought to win, I mean Georgia Tech will be the better team, but a different result wouldn't surprise me, just because Bronco apparently has some sort of Life Vendetta against triple option football dating back to his days at New Mexico. After getting eviscerated by Navy in the bowl game my bet is that he has the Georgia Tech game circled on the calendar.

Please forgive any typos, I dictated this into my phone on the drive into work and my voice recognition has an IQ of 12

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
UVa:
Defense: we lose our three most talented Defenders, the last high star guys who were here before Bronco Mendenhall started his crusade of recruiting two stars who will run through walls for him.

For all of his idiosyncrasies, Bronco knows X's and O's on defense. I expect us to field a low Talent, high-effort defense, that will probably be average to slightly below-average.

Offensively, we have dipped into the transfer quarterback well again and gotten a Juco kid out of Arizona. Kid supposedly has a really good set of wheels and a meh arm. I would expect us to try and look like a poor mans Louisville.

uVA will still look like a poor man's Auburn.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I am wondering whether the new attacking style will be more effective vs shotgun sets like VA

Penetration kills shotgun teams ( it kills all teams but when the shto gun run game is already handing off further back good penatration will force them into long down situations more often than not. Think about it most of the time when we suffer a negative play, unless its a strung out pitch we usually only lose 2 yards or less, for shotgun teams that same mshpoint disruption results in a 6 yard loss.)

The downside is we are goign to get burned every once and awhile where they throw the perfect call into the blitz.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So, spring practice is over, we have a decent idea of what the starting lineup is going to look like, I think we have a decent idea of what kind of team we have.

Yes, there is potential for guys to surprise us or disappoint, but I think we largely understand the squad.

I think it would be fun for people to give short capsules of teams on Georgia Tech schedule this year that they happen to know about. I'll do UVA, obviously, and I can probably do Virginia Tech as well. You guys can obviously do uga. I'd be curious if anybody can do pitt or South Florida, or the North Carolina schools.

I would disagree. We have NO IDEA how our defense will be.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not true. We know about personnel. We know Woody's D has been statistically strong the last 3 years. We have SOME IDEA.

Lots more questions than answers imo.

Who will play the nose? No idea and. I idea if they can be effective.

Who will rush the QB? Apparently multiple but I see no proven threat here. Vic will start at one OLB....the other?

DL. Only one disruptive player imo, Branch.

ILB. I feel pretty good with Mitchell and Swilling holding the inside.

Secondary. No definite starters set yet. No proven shut down corners. We replace the whole secondary with unproven youth or former backups.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lots more questions than answers imo.

Who will play the nose? No idea and. I idea if they can be effective.

Who will rush the QB? Apparently multiple but I see no proven threat here. Vic will start at one OLB....the other?

DL. Only one disruptive player imo, Branch.

ILB. I feel pretty good with Mitchell and Swilling holding the inside.

Secondary. No definite starters set yet. No proven shut down corners. We replace the whole secondary with unproven youth or former backups.

I disagree with this use of "no idea."

We know Kyle Cerge Henderson and Chris Martin as well as Glanton etc played nose. We have some idea.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
When are we ever gonna put auburn on our schedule I wouldn't mind playing them maybe they can replace gawga as a rivalry since gawga wants out we need to schedule auburn I think there offense is terrible I say Malzahn doesn't make it before 2020 I say he's done before 2020 there btw I say we beat alcorn st bowling green 8-4 going to a decent bowl game basically we need to be bowl eligible that's it it's gonna be a great year and I say we beat the dawgs this year we got this!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
When are we ever gonna put auburn on our schedule I wouldn't mind playing them maybe they can replace gawga as a rivalry since gawga wants out we need to schedule auburn I think there offense is terrible I say Malzahn doesn't make it before 2020 I say he's done before 2020 there btw I say we beat alcorn st bowling green 8-4 going to a decent bowl game basically we need to be bowl eligible that's it it's gonna be a great year and I say we beat the dawgs this year we got this!
LSU,Florida,Tennessee and Texas A&M would be great teams for GT to have a home and home series with