GT needed a change

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
@CuseJacket that was not a vent. There is talent enough to make a better showing than we did....

But go ahead and blame our players. This is in no way due to coaching... we’ll have to wait three years...

No way Collins is a genius coach...

I follow you and @Ibeeballin that the OL is not where it needs to be... I agree. But Collins is not doing more with less.

Name one thing we are good at?

This new notion that talent doesn’t have to execute is new to me

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok. This loss is on the coaches and the current talent level. Feel better?

Can we agree going forward this is the case and skip all the crying because it’s going to get worse before it gets better?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@CuseJacket that was not a vent. There is talent enough to make a better showing than we did....

But go ahead and blame our players. This is in no way due to coaching... we’ll have to wait three years...

No way Collins is a genius coach...

I follow you and @Ibeeballin that the OL is not where it needs to be... I agree. But Collins is not doing more with less.
Not blaming players. I'm basing my opinion on data from 2018, and you can draw whatever conclusions you'd like off of it. Vegas would have set Temple as a favorite. See prior post.

herb

Helluva Engineer
True. I think my statement stands based on the whole body of work.

Sagarin, which includes FCS, puts their standings together in a way that predicts Temple would be favored.

Football Outsiders, which excludes FCS, but therefore includes Temple's last 11 regular season games, suggests Temple was better than GT over that span and would have been favored on a neutral field.

Was p’nut calling plays? I’ll take my chances

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I respect the need to vent, but we would have been an underdog last year for a game at Temple.

Maybe, maybe not - doesn't matter. It's not that we lost it's that we can't find a way to be competitive. Can't find anything we're good at. I think the defense is starting to turn the corner at least.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Was p’nut calling plays? I’ll take my chances
As you know, he was.

I learned during our game today that he also kickstarted Temple's current streak of 20+ point games, which now stands at 16 or 17 games. Good enough for 5th longest streak in the country.

He also finished #58 OFEI in the country last year.

herb

Helluva Engineer
So what changed?

1. Teams
2. Excellent question, But do you not have an issue with play calling? You don’t think there were points there, especially against Citadel? You don’t think we should score more than 2?

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
No way CPJ doesn't hang at least 28 on Temple last year. Would we win, idk...would we score only score 2, I would have bet my house!
That’s what’s so sad. Why did he quit? He had a new innovative def coach. Had found a good placekicker. Had a good punter. He just needed to get the O back to at least 2016 level. He could have done it.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
As you know, he was.

I learned during our game today that he also kickstarted Temple's current streak of 20+ point games, which now stands at 16 or 17 games. Good enough for 5th longest streak in the country.

He also finished #58 OFEI in the country last year.
Well he needs to start kick here he has not shown me anything in 4 games but a pitiful offense.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Name one thing we are good at?

This new notion that talent doesn’t have to execute is new to me
If we're not good at one thing, are the coaches not partially to blame? As much as everyone likes to tout Collins' recruiting prowess, we are still well behind UNC and Miami in recruiting. The coaches are going have be able to beat teams with better talent. It's concerning that this staff and team have looked out-classed against Temple and Citadel, especially considering that Willie Fritz was able to pull this off while simultaneously moving a team from FCS to FBS.

Interesting fact, if we go 1-11 this year, Brent Key will be 1-23 in his past two seasons as a non-Alabama coach and Collins will be 16-21 as a head coach. Those numbers are not inspiring, much like our current play on the field.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
1. Teams
2. Excellent question, But do you not have an issue with play calling? You don’t think there were points there, especially against Citadel? You don’t think we should score more than 2?
Well if your being honest we were put into a position to score and should have. We fumbled in the end zone, red zone and threw interception in the end zone all the while the oline can’t block at all.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Well if your being honest we were put into a position to score and should have. We fumbled in the end zone, red zone and threw interception in the end zone all the while the oline can’t block at all.

I agree we should have. But we should have seen what was working against Citadel too and done that. If you are being honest, you will admit that