GT - Nc State Post game thread

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
i said one thing? And it's true, its a stupid, senseless argument to have especially amongst fans of the same team. Why be snarky when you can enjoy the win?

By the way, shocked an admin would call out other posters, isn't there something about no "trolling" other users? Was calling out other posters "on topic"? Where is john?

Was just joking with you..lighten up.

Didn't "call you out"... If you would like to discuss this further then you can PM me...if not then we will get back to the discussion of the whooping we gave out today.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I've been nervous every game this year but these guys refuse to quit. Fantastic game today and it was a lot of fun to watch. The offense is playing better than I've ever seen it play. I hope green is okay. We can't lose anyone else on the defensive line.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
As stated earlier, i'm nervous about EVERY game we play.

Loved that we're able to get some of the 2nd and 3rd string in for several plays today.

Tickled that the DBs are playing tighter and making the QB and WR palys instead of just playing toss.

Hope that Shawn will be able to play next week.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
What a blowout.

Defense with two scores!

Offense is unreal...we are hitting on all cylinders.

How about the offensive line?! Had some nice pockets to pass from.

DJ White was great.

I know I'm leaving people out but the WHOLE team played excellent.
Great win by the YJackets!

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I know people want to talk about Days and Thomas and Shaq and Smelter, but Freddie "The Beast" Burden is, IMO the underrated star of this offense.

He comes off the blocks like a cannonball. He's 300 and moves like a guy 40 lbs lighter. He gets guys at all levels, and is a force in short yardage situations.

He is just the absolute prototype offensive lineman for your system, and I hope you guys appreciate him.
Oh I do, I do. We have had some really fine centers in PJ's tenure who would typically overachieve but this guy is the prototype of a triple option center. Big enough to take on the nose tackle in a two gap scheme and fast enough to get after a middle linebacker. Very hard to find that combination. We always seem to have had at least one really good guard in PJ's tenure but seldom have we had the whole package of linemen like we do now. Really appreciate the fine work of much maligned Coach Sewark and the gentleman whose name escapes me that coaches the tackles. Great job fellows!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I have still not had the opportunity to watch the game. Caught garbage time at the end and a coue highlights. I did take note of one thing from limited film I've seen. The DJW pick6....dj was playing soooft looking big cushion....before jumping that route like a pro. I couldn't help but wonder if 33 went from screaming in frustration to screaming with glee, all in the same breath. Playing "off" baited that pick.
I'm very curious to see how much we mixed up our press coverage during the game.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I actually get excited when we get to 3rd and long now.
I know what you mean. For me it is that my head spins with the different play call options, and so many of them work. And even then I know that so many of them could result in a 4th and short worth going for as well.

It is really quite amazing as I really can't think of any other teams with offenses that work like that. You watch all the other teams basically only being able to pass in 3rd and long, so have to maintain a pocket long enough and then convert some sort of route run at the flag.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Synjin has earned the nod next week at B-back. Just my opinion.

Nothing against Laskey, but you have to ride the hot hand. Synjyn is on fire right now and you don't break that momentum. It feels like he easily gets 5 yards a pop every time he touches the ball. Days easily gets 200 yards today if he was in all game. Laskey also needs to be eased back into the rotation so good thing Synjyn is playing well.

Like others have said, nice problem to have...but to me there is no problem. Days has earned the right to start regardless of Laskey's injury.

Agreed. You tell Zach you have complete confidence in him and you want him to be 100% for the dwagz, bowl game, or if Synjyn is injured. None of that is a lie. Then you start Days IMHO only.

It just sucks that they're both seniors. :(

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Offense is really evolving into a juggernaut. If our defense continues to improve the rest of this year and through the off season. Watch out!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Our offense exemplifies this axiom. Each part makes each other part better as defenses cannot concentrate resources in one particular area. We now have a viable answer for literally anything the defense tries to do. The only thing that is sure to work is if they completely own us on the LOS and that is very hard to do considering the size and talent of our OL. The other thing is if they happen to guess right like send extra guys to the edge and we're running rocket toss. Just about any qb read play that is read correctly is a positive gain.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Really enjoy seeing the o-line executing and getting to the second level. Sure is nice to see the difference in this year's line play vs. last year. Having a relatively healthy line allows the "play makers" to look good.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'll say it again....our Oline is our strength and one of the best I've seen on the flats ever. We will get a true measure of their ability Saturday. Coach Sewak and Ry look like geniuses. Hell I'm pretty pumped by our entire coaching staff.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Like I said before, let's keep this thread on track...if you have any problems then you can PM me.

Thanks.