GT must win next week or we are basically eliminated from winning Coastal

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson is almost unbeatable this year....their D will smother us in Death Valley especially with Venables having an extra week to get ready. I still vividly remember last years game where we had about 15 yards rushing at the half and were completely shut down. There's about a 95% chance we will get boat raced in DV, 4% chance we lose in a respectable way, 1 % chance for a miracle win. 99 out of 100 times we lose vs this Clemson team, they are in the middle of a dynasty
Well you're the biggest competitor I have seen in my whole life.

I think if the D plays well, we have a chance.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Walton looked awful yesterday. If FSU QB was healthy that would not have been a competitive game.
I said it in another thread but I feel a lot more confident in this game after watching the against FSU. That is if they play us the same way.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
First, I suppose everybody who watched the game saw what I saw against Duke. They can be run on and their OL is not as good as it was last year. I suspect we'll have a better game against them then we did last year when only a couple of turnover scores kept us from fighting it out in the 4th quarter. I expect the same (minus the scoop scores) this year. It'll be up to the D to play well enough to keep them at 21 - 28 points. I don't doubt our O can top that production. Ah, but will we? That remains to be seen. I'd put the odds at about even, if we get some of our OLs back. One concern = a game like this can come down to a field goal. Enough said.

Second, Ballin' is right. Saying that a loss against da U necessarily means anything much for the season is just plain wrong. Look at last year. We get beat by Clempson, da U, Pitt, and UNC within a six week span and ended up winning 9 games. Getting beat one week doesn't necessarily mean anything much going forward. We heard the same kind of stuff about being "Doomed! I tell you, doomed!" going into the VT game last year. You saw how that turned out. The games are decided on the field, not in the prediction markets. Which, if you'll notice, have truly sucked big time this year.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
What I was going to say has already been said. Basically no one game carries any more meaning than the next. If we win we are 4 and 1 and we look forward to playing Wake. If we lose we are 3 and 2 and we look forward to playing Wake. Each week is a new chapter in the 2017 Book of GT football.

Go Jackets!

1. Clemson Reports are QB Kelly was in a boot after the game. Just saying.
2. UM RB is at about 60%. He has two sprained ankles.
3. Cover Berrios on passes and punt returns.
4. B back runs and Midline will be open all day if Diaz plays the same D he did last year. TOP last year Tech 40 mins UM 20 mins.

Beat UM and the Coastal is ours because VT is not the same as they have been.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is almost unbeatable this year....their D will smother us in Death Valley especially with Venables having an extra week to get ready. I still vividly remember last years game where we had about 15 yards rushing at the half and were completely shut down. There's about a 95% chance we will get boat raced in DV, 4% chance we lose in a respectable way, 1 % chance for a miracle win. 99 out of 100 times we lose vs this Clemson team, they are in the middle of a dynasty
Clemson has a good Defense but their Offense is average at best. They can be beat. They play NC State after us if they think like you they could be over looking us. My odds are better then yours 2 teams one will win so 50% .

It's football season and that only comes around once a year , just enjoy it and stop looking for the bad.

Clemson has a good Defense but their Offense is average at best. They can be beat. They play NC State after us if they think like you they could be over looking us. My odds are better then yours 2 teams one will win so 50% .

It's football season and that only comes around once a year , just enjoy it and stop looking for the bad.
I said it earlier in the year, I think NC State wins the Atlantic. They get Clemson after being beat up, win or lose by us. If NC State beats Clemson they are in.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
@Atomic Jacket, is that you?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
1. Clemson Reports are QB Kelly was in a boot after the game. Just saying.
2. UM RB is at about 60%. He has two sprained ankles.
3. Cover Berrios on passes and punt returns.
4. B back runs and Midline will be open all day if Diaz plays the same D he did last year. TOP last year Tech 40 mins UM 20 mins.

Beat UM and the Coastal is ours because VT is not the same as they have been.
Berrios is the real deal, hopefully we can shut him down. Which RB has been hurt for Miami?

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
Us beating Thug U would land one hell of a statement, in us claiming the Coastal. However; we'll have a similar type game against VT.

We will definitely have a similar type game vs. VT. However, as some others have stated, this game is more do-or-die because Miami beat FSU while VT lost to Clemson in the cross division.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ahmmon Richards might be even better, just doesn't have the TDs that Berrios has to start the year. They'll be tough to defend for sure.
He is, just a different type of WR. Barrios is a shifty type guy and we have seemed to struggle with guys like him more than Richards. Richards is just a big WR, hopefully we can play him tight and not allow him to box out. They throw a lot of back shoulder passes to him and 50/50 balls.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I think we have a good shot against Miami if they don't take out TM with cheap shots. Or any of our players. It seems to happen wherever Richt is at.
I vividly remember uga 09 when Nesbitt was at the bottom of a pile and a uga defender walked right up and pulled his ankle and twisted it. Right in front of the official. Of course it wasn't called. You couldn't see it on tv but it was blatant in the stands

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I may be in fan mode but I couldn't disagree with you more, good sir. I know the sample size of our team we've seen has come against less than stellar competition but this is a game I feel we win, clearly. We've been our own worst enemy this season and if we can minimize the mistakes there is no team on our road to the ship we can't beat. Our offense is the ultimate equalizer and Taquon Marshall has that same Cam-Newton-at-Auburn it factor about him. I can't quantify it but I just believe in my heart of hearts that THIS will be special this season.

P.S. bigly!!

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
If any team beats clemson during the reg season I would put my money on us. We stand the best chance against them. We would have to play our best and control the ball. But if we played our best and don't fumble I think we stand a good shot. Long drives to help our defense rest and they get tired. I could see it happening.