GT must win next week or we are basically eliminated from winning Coastal

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Three things:
1) I agree that losing to d'Oh U will certainly make winning the Coastal much more difficult and is probabilistically elimination. They've already won their permanent cross-division, and their other one is Cuse--a name synonymous with loser. If we lose to d'oh U, then they must lose one more than we against our common opponents, and that assumes we beat Clemson. If we were to lose to CU, then d'oh U would have to lose TWO more than we. I reckon the odds are against that.
2) Still, I also agree that it doesn't say necessarily say anything about our chances on winning the rest of our games. Each game is its own deal. We know that we whooped UT, especially in the first half but slipped-up enough in the second to lose. We don't judge our prospects by that first loss. Still, if d'oh U boat-races us, then it may legitimately call into question the apparent progress we've seen on D against lesser offenses. They scored ~1.7 pts/drive versus FSU. That's not a lights-out offense (and I still think FSU has a legit D). If they score more than 2.5/2.8 pts/dr versus us, then that would certainly damper our optimism about our D.
3) Finally, "bigly" is an adverb. When anyone uses it as an adjective it just shows them to be as immature and ignorant as you would assume about anyone who feels the need to introduce political trolling into the football forum.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope Walton heals completely from the surgery. Hate to see that for anyone.

It's time for GT to hang onto the ball. Turnovers cost us last year in this game. Even or better in turnovers, and getting our Oline people back and I like our chances.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Clemson is almost unbeatable this year....their D will smother us in Death Valley especially with Venables having an extra week to get ready. I still vividly remember last years game where we had about 15 yards rushing at the half and were completely shut down. There's about a 95% chance we will get boat raced in DV, 4% chance we lose in a respectable way, 1 % chance for a miracle win. 99 out of 100 times we lose vs this Clemson team, they are in the middle of a dynasty
Well it’s only half a game but the worst team in the ACC has Clemson on the ropes at half. Maybe Cuse gets demolished in the 2nd half, but GT would have a sizable lead against tonight’s Clemson team and in my opinion better odds than a 1% miracle chance of winning.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
If any team beats clemson during the reg season I would put my money on us. We stand the best chance against them. We would have to play our best and control the ball. But if we played our best and don't fumble I think we stand a good shot. Long drives to help our defense rest and they get tired. I could see it happening.
I'd put my money on Syracuse...;)

MountPGT1990

Banned
Mark my words, Clemson will unleash hades on us in two weeks. What did we have like 15 yards rushing at the half against them last year? It will be worse this year.

Unfortunately we are the guys they get to take all their frustrations out on in two weeks and it will not be fun, like in a BIGLy way

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Mark my words, Clemson will unleash hades on us in two weeks. What did we have like 15 yards rushing at the half against them last year? It will be worse this year.

Unfortunately we are the guys they get to take all their frustrations out on in two weeks and it will not be fun, like in a BIGLy way

jeez.......................