GT must win next week or we are basically eliminated from winning Coastal

MountPGT1990

Banned
With Miami beating FSU, we are basically in a do or die situation next weekend vs UM.

If we lose next weekend + having to play @ Clemson that's a minimum of 2 ACC loses, which means UM would have to lose three games for us to pass them as Coastal Champs, just don't see UM losing three ACC games this year if they beat us next weekend.

So, we are basically in a playoff game for the Coastal race this coming weekend, previous history suggests we are in for a stiff challenge but I'm hoping this is the year CPJ can solve the UM riddle and keep us from losing Bigly vs the Canes and keep us in the Coastal Race, but for all practical purposes lose and we are done-zo for making it to Championship game.

MountPGT1990

Banned
agree 100 %, I'm so ready to see us break thru and get a landmark win next weekend. The opportunity is there for the taking....

MountPGT1990

Banned
seems we find ourselves in do-or-die when playing our division opponents pretty much every year. (what's with this effing bigly crap I'm seeing on this forum? sheesh.)

yes, it's a YUGE mistake on this forum to have some Bigly Fun. Let's just be CURMUDGEONS, what's the bigly idea.....stinking kids always walking on my lawn

LibertyTurns

Banned
Clemson is beatable. If we can have everyone at full strength we can knock them off. Now of course Clemson has the “get ready for GT schedule” and that plays against us, but I don’t think you can prepare for our offense like most team’s 1 dimensional offenses where they can dink & dunk with an occasional run or heave down the field.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Clemson is beatable. If we can have everyone at full strength we can knock them off. Now of course Clemson has the “get ready for GT schedule” and that plays against us, but I don’t think you can prepare for our offense like most team’s 1 dimensional offenses where they can dink & dunk with an occasional run or heave down the field.

Clemson is almost unbeatable this year....their D will smother us in Death Valley especially with Venables having an extra week to get ready. I still vividly remember last years game where we had about 15 yards rushing at the half and were completely shut down. There's about a 95% chance we will get boat raced in DV, 4% chance we lose in a respectable way, 1 % chance for a miracle win. 99 out of 100 times we lose vs this Clemson team, they are in the middle of a dynasty

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Ummmmm, please explain. If we lose we are 3-2 with two top 5 teams and a top 15 team left on the schedule + Wake, @ Uva, and @ Duke. We will be staring @ 6-6/ 7-5 square in the face with a loss to UM.

1) We only have 11 games. 2) Because games are not played like that. Each game have the own set of variables and circumstances. We go thru this every year. Guys just assign automatic Ls vs. the Big 4 and call it quits.

Miami- Still don’t know much about them even after FSU. Toledo, Bethune-Cookman, and Francois-less FSU makes guys nervous. Berrios is the type guy who has given Tech D trouble in the past, so that’s about it. Could possibly be without Walton and their RT.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Not sure why we're supposed to be conceding a loss to Clem either. Let's not fall for the hype. They can be had.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
1) We only have 11 games. 2) Because games are not played like that. Each game have the own set of variables and circumstances. We go thru this every year. Guys just assign automatic Ls vs. the Big 4 and call it quits.

Miami- Still don’t know much about them even after FSU. Toledo, Bethune-Cookman, and Francois-less FSU makes guys nervous. Berrios is the type guy who has given Tech D trouble in the past, so that’s about it. Could possibly be without Walton and their RT.

Walton looked awful yesterday. If FSU QB was healthy that would not have been a competitive game.