GT - Miss St Post game

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
The last time I've been this raw happy I was sitting in the north end zone at the 1990 Citrus Bowl in Orlando watching MY Jackets destroy Nebraska and win NChamp... you know what made that special besides sweet victory? I was sitting there with my GT Father, my GT Uncle, and my UGA best friend since childhood... my Dad is gone now so I hold that one tight. My UGA friend screamed his guts out for Tech victory... then went out after game... while out I "took a nap" in the bar... woke up just in time to watch a phantom clipping call on a Rocket punt return... didn't really care... my hay was already in the barn... My Jackets were Champions.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Glad there's at least one other OldJacket... it's an amazing phenomenon... I mean seriously, I rarely even cry at death..! But put those beloved Yellow Jackets on the field showing immense pride and determination and I cry like a raw baby in diapers..something's wrong with me.

GPD I went through a serious illness within the last couple of years and, like others I know, it brought to me a realization about cherishing special times and special moments. My son texted me shortly after the game with his congratulations. Crying? Sure, for an awful lots if reasons :D No shame, just an absolute joy at being here to see what I saw tonight and this season!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Great team effort tonight and great coaching. Special seasons like this don't come along often but they keep you coming back for more. Sometimes it's hard to be a Tech fan but is at times like these that you know it is worth everything you invest in the experience. Looking for more great things next season. Happy New Year to all my fellow Tech fans. To Hell with Georgia.

Go Jackets!

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anybody know when the team will be getting back to campus? Would be cool to show up and show our support when they get back.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
I kept yelling out: RUN RIGHT OVER THEM! And sure enough, we did! I've never been prouder of a Tech team in my life! I've been sick since Thanksgiving and I gave it to my wife. The b0th of us sat there during the second half and coughed and watched us run over MSU with abandon. I like the Good Dogs as well as Tech when the odds are the same and we aren't paling each other. Tonight I was never happier on a New Year's. Ever. Thanks Jackets !!!

Get better brother. These Jackets were special to watch.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Justin Thomas looked FAST tonight, faster than any point about halfway through the year. Kid just needed a little time to rest to get his wheels back. I imagine with another year with our S&C plus just maturing he can play like tonight all year. Hell of a game by the TEAM!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Justin Thomas looked FAST tonight, faster than any point about halfway through the year. Kid just needed a little time to rest to get his wheels back. I imagine with another year with our S&C plus just maturing he can play like tonight all year. Hell of a game by the TEAM!
I said that to myself during the game.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
How big of a game was the OB for our program in terms of exposure? Paul Johnson and Justin Thomas is STILL trending on Twitter. Also, during the game, Georgia Tech mentions pretty much dominated Twittersphere in the sports world.

Lots of people gushing about JT, CPJ's offense, and Georgia Tech. When you win, and dominate a former #1 team on the national stage, it's hard to ignore.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
just back from game - the offense was - dominant and JT is like the matrix - he reappears down field! . Tonight the defense would not relent from 110% effort.
Coachsays did great job . 65-69 I saw so good games but seeing the last 4 big games is truly special.
After the games the players just stayed on the field visiting and hugging. They like us did not want it to end. This season will define these men for the rest of their lives.

JT said as he graciously accepted the mvp - this is just the begining ( for the team)!!!!
So very proud of these Tech men

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I can't sleep...watching the highlights on ESPN...Hey Jesse...there is SEC speed then there is GT speed.
BTW...great game for Days...couldn't happen to a better guy.

Scary thing is we did it without two of our fastest players: Snoddy and Zenon. On top of that, we were missing one of the best WRs in the ACC in Smelter. Absolutely throttled a top 10 team from the vaunted SEC.

Oh, interesting tidbit: The team favored to win it all this year, Alabama, struggled to score 25 points on a team we hung 49 points on.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Ditto. As I watched his runs in the third quarter, I was stunned. JT was showing us warp speed, while MSU was operating on only impulse power.
Agree completely with GTpdm - Thomas' speed was breathtaking tonight. "Look Homeward, Angel"; with sincere apologies to Thomas Wolfe

Rammy

Georgia Tech Fan
I didn't read through all the blogs so I apologize if I am repeating...but a year ago it stung a little knowing Vad was leaving; however, I think we all knew JT was the right fit for this team. ACC PREDICTION: 5th in our division? Not a chance!!! Great job to all!!! So proud!!!

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
One of the greatest teams I have witnessed at GT, right there with the 1990 and 1998 teams, better than the 1966 team, which closed with 2 losses including the Orange Bowl against Florida. Like this team better than the 2009 team as well, which lost to UGA and lost the bowl game. By far, this is my favorite team.

Last edited:

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
One of the greatest teams I have witnessed at GT, right there with the 1990 and 1998 teams, better than the 1966 team, which closed with 2 losses including the Orange Bowl against Florida. Like this team better than the 2009 team as well, which lost to UGA and lost the bowl game. By far, this is my favorite team.

As a kid, the 1966 Orange Bowl loss broke my heart. This Orange Bowl strengthened it!