GT - Miss St Post game

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So excited for these guys and this team.

THANK YOU to the whole team and staff for a fabulous season to remember!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
From Ken's article just now:

When the final Associated Press poll is released following the College Football Playoff championship game, it likely will reveal that the Jackets defeated three teams in the top 15 (Clemson, Georgia and Mississippi State) no small achievement for a team picked to finish fifth in the ACC Coastal Division and only entered the top 25 for good in the Nov. 9 poll.

Tech’s closing four-game run – wins over Clemson, Georgia and Mississippi State and a two-point loss to Florida State – has few rivals in team history.

The Jackets will be in the AP top 10 for the first time since 1998 and just the third time since coach Bobby Dodd’s retirement following the 1966 season. That a team without a single first-team All-ACC player will lay claim to that achievement speaks to one of defensive coordinator Ted Roof’s favorite appraisals of the Jackets – the strength of the team is the team.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Huge win. Huge season. We are on the map now, can't waste the opportunity.

That was the best game I have seen us play on offense ever, I think. There have been some good ones. We needed every score tonight. The defense stopped the run tonight. That was key. They were one dimensional, we were two dimensional. We won.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Huge win. Huge season. We are on the map now, can't waste the opportunity.

That was the best game I have seen us play on offense ever, I think. There have been some good ones. We needed every score tonight. The defense stopped the run tonight. That was key. They were one dimensional, we were two dimensional. We won.
As always, you simply summed it up! Cannot be more proud of this team.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Gosh guys... I'm so happy...that deep, emotional happy... it's sad really... I cried as Days, Laskey, and JT went on a mini death march to put that away.
I'm a grown man, a professional... :) tears dripping down my face... does anyone else do this?
Happy New Year friends...hope you achieve every single thing that is important to you this year!

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From Ken's article just now:

When the final Associated Press poll is released following the College Football Playoff championship game, it likely will reveal that the Jackets defeated three teams in the top 15 (Clemson, Georgia and Mississippi State) no small achievement for a team picked to finish fifth in the ACC Coastal Division and only entered the top 25 for good in the Nov. 9 poll.

Tech’s closing four-game run – wins over Clemson, Georgia and Mississippi State and a two-point loss to Florida State – has few rivals in team history.

The Jackets will be in the AP top 10 for the first time since 1998 and just the third time since coach Bobby Dodd’s retirement following the 1966 season. That a team without a single first-team All-ACC player will lay claim to that achievement speaks to one of defensive coordinator Ted Roof’s favorite appraisals of the Jackets – the strength of the team is the team.

Have to love the CTR line.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I kept yelling out: RUN RIGHT OVER THEM! And sure enough, we did! I've never been prouder of a Tech team in my life! I've been sick since Thanksgiving and I gave it to my wife. The b0th of us sat there during the second half and coughed and watched us run over MSU with abandon. I like the Good Dogs as well as Tech when the odds are the same and we aren't paling each other. Tonight I was never happier on a New Year's. Ever. Thanks Jackets !!!