GT - Miss St Post game

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Gosh guys... I'm so happy...that deep, emotional happy... it's sad really... I cried as as Days, Laskey, and JT went on a mini death march to put that away.
I'm a grown man, a professional... :) tears dripping down my face... does anyone else do this?
Happy New Year friends...hope you achieve every single thing that is important to you this year!

Yes :)

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Never posted before, but this is as good a time as ever. That game was awesome! With the fumble that didn't go our way (where were these refs in the dwag game) and the flukey hail mary, it seemed like Murphy's Law was in full affect. The team did like they have all year and just shook it off. They came out of halftime and just took the game. We completely dominated them in the 2nd half. PJ is the master of in game adjustments but even better coming out of halftime and JT is the real deal! I haven't posted on here but I have been hard on Bostic and his blocking, but I want to give him a big kudos for his block that sprung JT's td run on the midline. I'm proud of him and all of the Seniors! I hate that Smelter and Zenon couldn't be out there (Snoddy too) but this is still a great way to send them out. What a way to end the year! Go Jackets!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Gosh guys... I'm so happy...that deep, emotional happy... it's sad really... I cried as Days, Laskey, and JT went on a mini death march to put that away.
I'm a grown man, a professional... :) tears dripping down my face... does anyone else do this?

Didn't tonight, but almost did at the end of the last game in November :)

No shame on having your emotions moved to tears.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Never posted before, but this is as good a time as ever. That game was awesome! With the fumble that didn't go our way (where were these refs in the dwag game) and the flukey hail mary, it seemed like Murphy's Law was in full affect. The team did like they have all year and just shook it off. They came out of halftime and just took the game. We completely dominated them in the 2nd half. PJ is the master of in game adjustments but even better coming out of halftime and JT is the real deal! I haven't posted on here but I have been hard on Bostic and his blocking, but I want to give him a big kudos for his block that sprung JT's td run on the midline. I'm proud of him and all of the Seniors! I hate that Smelter and Zenon couldn't be out there (Snoddy too) but this is still a great way to send them out. What a way to end the year! Go Jackets!
Great first post! You're the first one to recognize CPJ's blocking adjustments in the second half, the Mdwags had no answer. I also noticed Bostic's blocking tonight, he had more than one key block, he played his arse off as did they all.

There was one particular play in the 3rd qtr where we converted a 3rd and short and I saw Shaq standing over a guy way over on the left side and about 7 yards downfield of the LOS. I had to rewind the dvr right there to see what transpired. He drove his dude backwards and sideways and dumped him on his arse! That play just summed up the entire second half.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I love espn. If you go there, it says "jackets run over Bulldogs." Click on the video...only a highlight of the Hail Mary. Lol. ES(EC)PN!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Bostic improved a lot in the 2nd half compared to his early going in the game.
Kudos to the team for the modification in blocking scheme to 'open up" the B Back game tonight.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
I love espn. If you go there, it says "jackets run over Bulldogs." Click on the video...only a highlight of the Hail Mary. Lol. ES(EC)PN!
I just don't. Know if this high school offense will work especially against sec speed !!!!!

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Bottle of wine later and the win is as sweet as ever.

Next season there is no one on the schedule Tech cannot beat! No one! I haven't been able to say that in 60 years or more.

11 and 3 by a team with recruits rated 55th in the nation. Does coaching matter? Does coaching matter?? Does coaching matter?????

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Gosh guys... I'm so happy...that deep, emotional happy... it's sad really... I cried as Days, Laskey, and JT went on a mini death march to put that away.
Happy New Year friends...hope you achieve every single thing that is important to you this year!

You kidding me? What a way to end an amazing season that will be (God helping) my last as a Tech student.

They're brilliant athletes, but they're a top 10 team because they have that strength and unity characteristic of those who survive Tech. I wept because that which was dead yet now lives. Tech men are back on the national stage, and we claim membership in that company.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
At number 10 in the Top Ten list of things I liked in this game was having to listen to Jesse Palmer praise this lowly ACC team, the out-of-date offensive scheme and CPJ.

Number 9 would be hearing Brent Musburger praise our academics and mention calculus when referencing the rigors GT's players face.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
You kidding me? What a way to end an amazing season that will be (God helping) my last as a Tech student.

They're brilliant athletes, but they're a top 10 team because they have that strength and unity characteristic of those who survive Tech. I wept because that which was dead yet now lives. Tech men are back on the national stage, and we claim membership in that company.
Couldn't agree more...Congratulations on getting out IEEEWreck!!!