GT in the NIT

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Good game, were a tourny team... Too bad it took gregory 20 somethin games to realize our pg's were not any good

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Helluva effort tonight from the squad.

I'm really happy they have been playing so loose and free. It looks like they're enjoying this post season run. Good on em!

Go jackets - hope the team rests up tonight. That trip is going to be a bear

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's hoping Washington wins tonight. SDSU plays with some intense pressure which we've had trouble with this season and they play well at home.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
If this team made it to the tourney we'd be thinking about a sweet sixteen matchup right now. The announcers couldn't believe how good we are, imagine us, the fans. This is the product we've been screaming for

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hand wringing by Tech fans unaccustomed to this: We frittered away a 31 point point lead and barely hung on to win by 17. This bodes ill for future games as USCe outscored our guys by 14 down the stretch. Woe is us! We can't "finish" games!

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
Impressive, but 5 players suspended from USC. None who contributed too much, but still could have given their important players a rest. Just here to do a hype check...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Impressive, but 5 players suspended from USC. None who contributed too much, but still could have given their important players a rest. Just here to do a hype check...

The 5 players in question played a total of 44.9 minutes and scored 12 points this season. Even if that was on player, it means less than 90 seconds a game of playing time. That is less than Don't think that was the cause of their demise last night. :)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The 5 players in question played a total of 44.9 minutes and scored 12 points this season. Even if that was on player, it means less than 90 seconds a game of playing time. That is less than Don't think that was the cause of their demise last night. :)
This is not correct. The data on ESPN are average minutes played and points scored, not total.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
SDSU is gonna be tough. They play well at home and with a lot of defensive pressure ( think WVU Texas VCU). Unlike USC Jr. There will be fans. Sold out their arena last night (~12,000) and Viejas is notoriously difficult to play at.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
USCe could have replaced their worst player with Ben Simmons last night and we still would have won. That was a beat down, and we were the better team with or without their reserves.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
SDSU is gonna be tough. They play well at home and with a lot of defensive pressure ( think WVU Texas VCU). Unlike USC Jr. There will be fans. Sold out their arena last night (~12,000) and Viejas is notoriously difficult to play at.

Yes, it will be tough and as you mentioned, their place is notoriously difficult. That said, I don't imagine that they're better defensively than Louisville.

Places like Cameron Indoor, Dean Dome, etc. should have prepared us for the noise. That might even give us a lift! We won't be intimidated by the environment, but that pressure D will make it tough for us to score.

Our guys have really been shooting the ball well (50% + overall last two games) - Regression has to be around the corner. That said, this team is really playing together, playing loose, and playing for one another and their coach. I absolutely love seeing the locker room videos after these past couple of wins!! We wanted MGH to taste post-season.. Let's take it a couple steps further and end his career with an NIT championship!

They win tomorrow night, and I am looking at airfare to the Big Apple!

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, it will be tough and as you mentioned, their place is notoriously difficult. That said, I don't imagine that they're better defensively than Louisville.

Places like Cameron Indoor, Dean Dome, etc. should have prepared us for the noise. That might even give us a lift! We won't be intimidated by the environment, but that pressure D will make it tough for us to score.

Our guys have really been shooting the ball well (50% + overall last two games) - Regression has to be around the corner. That said, this team is really playing together, playing loose, and playing for one another and their coach. I absolutely love seeing the locker room videos after these past couple of wins!! We wanted MGH to taste post-season.. Let's take it a couple steps further and end his career with an NIT championship!

They win tomorrow night, and I am looking at airfare to the Big Apple!
It's so obvious this group is playing looser than they have all season - as if they've got nothing to lose. They're having fun and enjoying themselves, which is yielding some pretty satisfying results. Kudos to Gregory and the seniors for managing this team and keeping them focused.