GT in the NIT

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
I like that these tourneys mean something. Someone like Monmouth deserves to get in because of their body of work. These other schools who play a lower level are doing well to have the champion of their tournament show up.

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
Teams that show an ability to beat top 50 teams with some regularly should be in the dance. Regardless of total number of slots in the bracket.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Okay, I'm bored. Let's imagine 3 more wins. Who'd you rather face in the finals, vpi, georgie or fsu?

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU lost to Valpo and honestly if its between them I'd rather face UGA so we can beat them and avenge that nonsense earlier in the year. But I'd also be ok if we made it to the finals and they didn't making VPI equally ok for a vengeance win.

Who is going to Columbia? The arena is nice and parking isn't an issue. Not sure what kind of crowd will be there. A win is very much attainable might even be probable. They don't have anyone that can handle the Lammers that played against Houston or the Adam Smith. Tech matches up well against the cocks.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice to have a big game feeling again.(even if it is a 2nd Rd. NIT game)...LOL. Seriously, we have played in tougher venues and atmosphere's than this against our conference. See Senior Night at Louisville.

Bottom line, I have no doubt that we can win the game. As others have mentioned, I expect it to be a battle the entire game. Like most of our other W's, the real question is who will step up aside from Marcus and Adam and help us score the ball?

I'm looking for big games from post guys (especially Jacobs, Lammers), and we could really use some offensive production from that third perimeter spot (Stephens/Jackson/Heath).

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
When the bracket came out I was pretty stoked to see I might get to see our Jackets in Columbia. Now its that time and I must say I have a good feeling about this game tonight!

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
well we can x the dwags off as a possible opponent if we continue to win. they got beat by st marys 77-65 and were never in the game trailing by as many as 17 points. the ajc had a back page story on the dwags loss.

BUCK THE DWAGS! i celebrate their failures.

And the acj has not mentioned the issue surrounding the usc program and players being suspended. if it had been gt we would be seeing daily articles on our players.

i suspect it will be a very close game but i hope we blow them out.

go jackets beat those crocks a ..

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
It's amazing to me that there has only been one upset this whole tournament (at least by seeding,) an 8 over 1 no less. Hope that changes after tonight

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've got a feeling that Q has one of his games tonight where bust out for 3 or 4 treys and proves to be the difference.

Expect Martin & the Cocks to come out with a game plan focused on limiting MGH and helping on Smith every time he touches the ball... Someone should have plenty of open looks, he just has to knock them down.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I agree on dollar 100%. I never see the guy doing anything besides sitting in silence like a statue. I don't get it.