GT Hoops General Topics

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
No, whether what happened during the phone call was sexual assault or not is completely irrelevant outside of MSU's internal investigation that is mostly meaningless now that Tucker has been fired. You can not have an undisclosed relationship with a vendor, it's a huge conflict of interest and is Corporate 101 DO NOT DO THIS. Had Tucker disclosed the relationship prior, he would very likely still have a job and MSU would likely be defending him instead.

The only reason CDS is relevant is because he too had a relationship with someone and then hired them to do work, so you have potentially the same conflict of interest. We don't have all the details in CDS' case - maybe the relationship was while he was at a prior job to when he asked BT to come speak to his team, maybe he informed his employer about the relationship prior to hiring her, we don't know. But it's not something you want to even dabble in, so my hope is that Batt has reiterated to CDS explicitly what is/isn't allowed to make sure we don't end up dealing with a similar situation.

If anyone still isn't understanding, go watch The Office season 5 episode 3 "Business Ethics".
Depends on what the university rules are. Agree it’s a bad idea, period.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Tell my sons repeatedly, don't $#!+ where you eat. Almost always causes huge problems. Yet, its a problem seen repeated everywhere. Poor judgment costs real money......

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Tell my sons repeatedly, don't $#!+ where you eat. Almost always causes huge problems. Yet, its a problem seen repeated everywhere. Poor judgment costs real money......
First job out of college I managed a production control department with 5 or so ladies doing the recordkeeping. My boss closed the door and said the fastest way out of the job was to get my P where I earn my bread and butter.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Could have been a problem for CDS just by being in a position to make buying decisions with a vendor and in a personal relationship. That is a big no no in industry. If for some reason the buying from that vendor didn't happen or relationship soured, could make an accusation about an inappropriate relationship to retaliate. Very risky.

slugboy

Staff member
Could have been a problem for CDS just by being in a position to make buying decisions with a vendor and in a personal relationship. That is a big no no in industry. If for some reason the buying from that vendor didn't happen or relationship soured, could make an accusation about an inappropriate relationship to retaliate. Very risky.
It’s possible there was a conflict at Pacific—they dated briefly in 2020, but I haven’t seen that she was a vendor for them at the time. The previous dating was before she had her non-profit

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ve learned a couple of things about legal matters
  • Have a good lawyer
  • If you don’t know something, shut up
  • If you do know something, shut up unless your lawyer tells you otherwise
  • If your lawyer says you need to talk, do a dry run first
  • Unless you’re involved, you don’t understand the case.
  • If you are involved, you still might not understand the case
This might be the best post on the board right now. I just got done being a juror in a Federal medicare fraud case, and bullet #6 applied to a few of the people in the courtroom.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
First job out of college I managed a production control department with 5 or so ladies doing the recordkeeping. My boss closed the door and said the fastest way out of the job was to get my P where I earn my bread and butter.

Damn those bookkeepers. Good advice can be hard to follow for a fella.......

video alabama GIF

What the hell, jobs are plentiful these days. :cool:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It’s possible there was a conflict at Pacific—they dated briefly in 2020, but I haven’t seen that she was a vendor for them at the time. The previous dating was before she had her non-profit
I hope this is a non problem for him and dies quietly.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
It said briefly in 2021, which may or may not coincide with either his time at Pacific or when her company was a vendor. It is also unclear to me whether the company was hired by the athletic department or the basketball team, which may or may not be relevant. There is much ambiguity that appears purposeful to try to draw a similarity that doesn't seem to exist.

Regardless, I don't think this helps Tucker's case at all.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This entire story would a nothing burger on the Swarm if we had not experienced the mess with Ron Bell. Has anyone, at any time, said Damon did anything inappropriate? Or implied that he did? He dated (in her words) her years ago. Perhaps.

slugboy

Staff member
It said briefly in 2021, which may or may not coincide with either his time at Pacific or when her company was a vendor. It is also unclear to me whether the company was hired by the athletic department or the basketball team, which may or may not be relevant. There is much ambiguity that appears purposeful to try to draw a similarity that doesn't seem to exist.

Regardless, I don't think this helps Tucker's case at all.
I think I’d have to do this with calendars to figure out how this plays out

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I read that article, and what I draw out of that is that (1) Staudamire dated the woman in the 90’s and again a few years ago (2) she doesn’t claim any harassment from Staudamire (3) Mel Tucker and his lawyers seem to be saying “she’s dated another coach, so she’s into coaches, so what Tucker did wasn’t harassment”.

I also see that they’re going to take a deposition from him—or try to—and the courts could end up excluding all of this.

I don’t see anything so far that affects him coaching here.

Tucker should be fired and lose his millions just for breaking bro code. Seems like he's throwing a big name out there just to take some heat off himself. Seriously, Tucker, you thought with your little head and now you're trying to throw someone under the bus to salvage anything you can from your terminated contract. That's slimy, and desperate.

Honestly, outside of a couple of tweets when it was first released, and reading this thread...I honestly have not heard much about it with regards to Stoudamire. There's a bit of a spotlight effect going on with this for GT fans. Doesn't seem to be getting the traction nationally that Tucker probably wants.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, I think a lot of you are making something out of nothing regarding this situation. Just because coach dated some woman who appears to have a problem with some other guy years after CDS dated her, or had dinner with her, or whatever doesn't have any bearing on the present. Let's get back to discussing our basketball team and the upcoming season instead of gossiping. All you are doing is making this a bigger deal than it is. Some sleazy lawyer decides to name drop and try and take the heat off his client and point it in another direction. It's a tactic that has been around forever. You guys talking about it for days just feeds the narrative this lawyer is trying to create.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I think a lot of you are making something out of nothing regarding this situation. Just because coach dated some woman who appears to have a problem with some other guy years after CDS dated her, or had dinner with her, or whatever doesn't have any bearing on the present. Let's get back to discussing our basketball team and the upcoming season instead of gossiping. All you are doing is making this a bigger deal than it is. Some sleazy lawyer decides to name drop and try and take the heat off his client and point it in another direction. It's a tactic that has been around forever. You guys talking about it for days just feeds the narrative this lawyer is trying to create.
The propensity of GT fans to throw their own under the bus with very flimsy accusations is a long running theme. The level of insecurity and self-hatred necessary to say that Ron Bell may have had a point when the accuser was an obvious scammer with no credibility and an axe to grind was obvious. This is a similar situation in that the turd tosser is simply trying to deflect.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The propensity of GT fans to throw their own under the bus with very flimsy accusations is a long running theme. The level of insecurity and self-hatred necessary to say that Ron Bell may have had a point when the accuser was an obvious scammer with no credibility and an axe to grind was obvious. This is a similar situation in that the turd tosser is simply trying to deflect.
I thought the Ron Bell stuff was crap. But I saw how unfairly it hurt Pastner and Tech basketball and it makes me sick that another equally spurious innuendo could slow down another good Tech coach.

I just want people to leave us alone, whether it’s the NCAA or an unhappy women or a sleazy opportunist. 😩