GT Hoops General Topics

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I thought the Ron Bell stuff was crap. But I saw how unfairly it hurt Pastner and Tech basketball and it makes me sick that another equally spurious innuendo could slow down another good Tech coach.

I just want people to leave us alone, whether it’s the NCAA or an unhappy women or a sleazy opportunist. 😩
Pastner opened the doors and let Bell in to muck around. Really stupid move that cost him dearly. Got probation from letting Bell in with the players.

The CDS stuff is crap and only found on this site.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No, whether what happened during the phone call was sexual assault or not is completely irrelevant outside of MSU's internal investigation that is mostly meaningless now that Tucker has been fired. You can not have an undisclosed relationship with a vendor, it's a huge conflict of interest and is Corporate 101 DO NOT DO THIS. Had Tucker disclosed the relationship prior, he would very likely still have a job and MSU would likely be defending him instead.

The only reason CDS is relevant is because he too had a relationship with someone and then hired them to do work, so you have potentially the same conflict of interest. We don't have all the details in CDS' case - maybe the relationship was while he was at a prior job to when he asked BT to come speak to his team, maybe he informed his employer about the relationship prior to hiring her, we don't know. But it's not something you want to even dabble in, so my hope is that Batt has reiterated to CDS explicitly what is/isn't allowed to make sure we don't end up dealing with a similar situation.

If anyone still isn't understanding, go watch The Office season 5 episode 3 "Business Ethics".
Where does it say he hired her to do work?

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The propensity of GT fans to throw their own under the bus with very flimsy accusations is a long running theme. The level of insecurity and self-hatred necessary to say that Ron Bell may have had a point when the accuser was an obvious scammer with no credibility and an axe to grind was obvious. This is a similar situation in that the turd tosser is simply trying to deflect.
Mind boggling....

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Where does it say he hired her to do work?
From one of the articles on this whole mess:

"To be sure, Ms. Tracy had previously worked with Mr. Stoudamire — and even remarked to Ms. Alvarado that “Damon had 2 reasons for bringing me to speak to his college team,” Tucker's legal team claims.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

We ARE doing Midnight Madness this season but...it's students only. Strange but oh well. Hopefully it's a good turnout and gets students pumped for the season.

THE FLATS – Georgia Tech athletics has teamed with Georgia Tech’s Student Center Programs Council (SCPC) to put on Hoops and Hip Hop, an exclusive basketball and music event for Tech students on Wednesday, Oct. 18.
At Hoops and Hip Hop, Georgia Tech’s 2023-24 men’s and women’s basketball teams will be introduced to the Tech student body for the first time, before turning the floor over to platinum hip hop artist NLE Choppa for SCPC’s annual fall concert.
Hoops and Hip Hop is open to Georgia Tech students only. Students must claim a FREE ticket for the event in advance. Tickets are open to all students and can be claimed at ramblinwreck.com/studenttickets.
Details for the event include:
7 p.m. – Doors open at McCamish Pavilion; performances by student artists Malibu Nights and J Royal
8 p.m. – Georgia Tech’s 2023-24 men’s and women’s basketball introductions and shooting stars challenge
Following the basketball events
– Headliner NLE Choppa performs.

slugboy

Staff member

We ARE doing Midnight Madness this season but...it's students only. Strange but oh well. Hopefully it's a good turnout and gets students pumped for the season.
30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member