GT Hoops General Topics

NorthsideJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Fwiw, I subscribe to both paywall sites and haven't seen this mentioned behind either paywall.

Doesn't mean Parham will get cleared, but the insiders have no report right now.

Thanks -- i'm a member at the Hive too and i knew that they hadn't said anything, but i was just checking to see if there was anything unofficial floating around. I see that orentaInc disagrees, but i just believe that this decision will have a major impact on this season. Thanks again for the response.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Thanks -- i'm a member at the Hive too and i knew that they hadn't said anything, but i was just checking to see if there was anything unofficial floating around. I see that orentaInc disagrees, but i just believe that this decision will have a major impact on this season. Thanks again for the response.
After the AJC article today I am not predicting what will happen this season. This seems like a potentially very dark cloud.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's a lengthy and good overview (if not a bit depressing) of the Tech basketball program in ESPN. Comments from several analysts on many aspects of the program.
link

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Aw, look at ol' Jonny Appleseed. Banking on us getting our waivers approved, no doubt.

I'm expecting us to have a decent season.

As soon as it gets announced on Selection Sunday that we make the tournament, there will be a new report that Coach Pastner once farted in Ron Bell's living room.

Audio will get linked to WSB-TV and we will be right back in the soup. Seriously...will that **** ever go away?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I use to live and die GT and ACC hoops but over the last 10 years I’ve lost interest in following the entire league. Mainly because we’ve sucked and college hoops isn’t what it use to be to me.
My question is will 9th be a decent enough position to make the First Four in Dayton? Or even make the tournament? I honestly have no clue about the league outside of us Duke & Carolina.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I use to live and die GT and ACC hoops but over the last 10 years I’ve lost interest in following the entire league. Mainly because we’ve sucked and college hoops isn’t what it use to be to me.
My question is will 9th be a decent enough position to make the First Four in Dayton? Or even make the tournament? I honestly have no clue about the league outside of us Duke & Carolina.
We need to go at least 10-10 in ACC to have a shot. 11-9 would probably have us in. 9th is bubble territory assuming we don't spend November and December losing to the Ball States.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
As soon as it gets announced on Selection Sunday that we make the tournament, there will be a new report that Coach Pastner once farted in Ron Bell's living room.

Audio will get linked to WSB-TV and we will be right back in the soup. Seriously...will that **** ever go away?

Not while dawg media draws breath. Right, @ESPNjacket ;)

c62, I gotta be honest with you. I know I joke a lot but I'm being serious here. I'm kinda afraid the R** B*** thing is going to end tragically for B*** and the girlfriend. I'm hoping she comes to her senses and gets away from him. The guy is clearly unstable.

Sports aside, it's genuinely sad how obvious mental illness in this country just goes untreated.

Ok, I promise not to post anything serious for the next 6 months. Can't be breaking character.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not while dawg media draws breath. Right, @ESPNjacket ;)

c62, I gotta be honest with you. I know I joke a lot but I'm being serious here. I'm kinda afraid the R** B*** thing is going to end tragically for B*** and the girlfriend. I'm hoping she comes to her senses and gets away from him. The guy is clearly unstable.

Sports aside, it's genuinely sad how obvious mental illness in this country just goes untreated.

Ok, I promise not to post anything serious for the next 6 months. Can't be breaking character.
Couldn't agree more...the bastard needs to be on some sort of watch list.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I love Pastner interviews. I should have kept a tracker on how many times he said "there are no nights off in ACC basketball."

Edit: That finish was brutal lol...these 2 do not like each other.

JR was probably frustrated that he couldn’t get CJP to simply answer a question. The guy is a brutal interview

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
JR was probably frustrated that he couldn’t get CJP to simply answer a question. The guy is a brutal interview

BTW, all coaches are terrible interviews for the most part. Pastner is particularly bad because he is all coach speak and praise and lacks entertaining stories, or at least neglects to tell any.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Don't know that this comment fits in any existing thread, or is even worthy of this forum.

But, as a more casual college basketball fan who has followed the sport since pre-Cremins, I do find my interest level ebbing with how the sport is managed these days. I am being petitioned to purchase season tickets, yet I don't even know who will be on the team this year. The roster changes take away one of the things I used to enjoy in the game, which was watching a young man come in and develop over his 3-4 years in the program. Add in the ridiculous things the NCAA has done, like ignore the rampant cheating at UNC and now ignoring the rampant payoffs in the game by shoe companies, and pretending it is all unicorns and rainbows with "student-athletes" on the court....my disgust level is getting higher and higher.

/end rant.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Per Ken, Tech will not even seek a waiver for Usher, so it will be midseason before he can help. Bubba is seeking a waiver.