GT Hoops General Topics

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
It may seem trivial, but I guarantee this reality affects at least some recruits in a pretty impactful way, because as a dyed in the wool GT bball fan and season ticket holder, I have been at several home games in the last few years where the vibe felt like a hostile road environment and made you want to sneak out a side entrance real quick (for the record I have never left a game early). If I felt this way, I guarantee you the recruits did as well. Unfortunately, the only way I see to get more enthusiastic GT fans in the building is to win and be relevant, so this one, like a lot of the other factors affecting GT bball seems like a catch 22.

It’s part of being in a big city where lots of transplants live. There are tons of alumni of other schools living in Atlanta. Many schools have more alums here than GT does.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Potential rule changes to be voted on by the NCAA on June 5. Any that are approved would go into effect this upcoming season.

The biggest is moving the 3-pt line back to the International distance. Idea is to create more space in the lane, decrease the prevalence of 3-pt shot without taking it out of the game completely, and assisting offensive spacing by giving the defense more space to cover.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-back-3-point-line-to-international-distance/

other proposed changes include
new shot clock reset,
use of instant replay in last 2 minutes of the 2nd half and OT
ability of coaches to call live-ball TO's in last 2 min of 2nd half and OT
Flagrant 2 and ejection for use of derogatory language at opponent regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Potential rule changes to be voted on by the NCAA on June 5. Any that are approved would go into effect this upcoming season.

The biggest is moving the 3-pt line back to the International distance. Idea is to create more space in the lane, decrease the prevalence of 3-pt shot without taking it out of the game completely, and assisting offensive spacing by giving the defense more space to cover.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-back-3-point-line-to-international-distance/

new shot clock reset,
Flagrant 2 and ejection for use of derogatory language at opponent regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability

Based on some IG stories, seems like we're already preparing for this at Zelnak.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully Bubba, Sjo and Mike can consistently knock down 3’s this year. We struggle enough at the current 3 point line. I’d hate to see what happens with it moved back.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck

new shot clock reset,

Oddly enough the 3 pt stripe news may be not so bad for Tech since (for a change) we have two shooters coming in who can hit regularly from that range. Could affect a lot of shooters whose limits are the present line.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Oddly enough the 3 pt stripe news may be not so bad for Tech since (for a change) we have two shooters coming in who can hit regularly from that range. Could affect a lot of shooters whose limits are the present line.
It’s funny you say this. I noticed with Devoe, that it looked like he needed to back up a foot or so when he took 3’s. I had the same issue when I played. I actually shot at a better percentage when I started stepping back from the 3 pt line. Granted, that was 97-01 with the old HS/College line, but it did help. I was more of a shooter with my upper body/arms than my legs, so a foot back made a difference. At least for me.