GT Hoops General Topics

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We were skipped last year and we weren't anywhere near the bottom of the league. My problem isn't the match-up, it's the fact we're on the road. Bull****.

Yeah, i guess you're right.

ETA: Guy says this is based on "sources". Hope they got the home/away wrong.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
He's Tweeting all the match-ups, per sources. He has 7 at home for each conference, so it balances.
  • Mich St @ Duke
  • Syracuse @ Wisconsin
  • UNC @ Indiana
  • Purdue @ UVA
  • Louisville @ Ohio State
  • GT @ Penn State
  • NW @ Wake Forest
  • Rutgers @ Rutgers Relocated (Miami)
  • Minnesota @ FSU
  • Nebraska @ Clemson
  • Pitt @ Maryland
  • NC State @ Illinois
  • Iowa @ ND
  • VT @ Michigan

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I don't think there's a guarantee of home game every other year in this made-for-ESPN fiesta. The Lords of Bristol figure out the matches they want and then try to balance out the undercard, so to speak.
If you look at the "real" ACC teams, their Big 10 schedule looks like this (according to Wikipedia. UVA looks off, but overall I think it's right)
Clemson 8 home / 8 away (1 not invited)
Duke 7 home / 10 away
FSU 8 home / 9 away
Tech 6 home / 8 away (3 not invited)
NC State 8 home / 8 away (1 not invited)
UNC 8 home / 9 away
UVA 7 home 9 away
Wake 8 home / 7 away (2 not invited)

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
We were skipped last year and we weren't anywhere near the bottom of the league. My problem isn't the match-up, it's the fact we're on the road. Bull****.
I'm actually pumped up about it. I live close to State College, so I never get to go to Tech games. I'm looking forward to showing my support up north.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Really hoping we can start scheduling better non-con teams soon. Would be good to see a few tough opponents in McCamish, esp once CJP has a couple of years to get the talent level back up

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
How many can we sign this year if no one transfers?

We have Q, AD, Lammers, Ogbonda, Tadric, Jorgy, Heath, and Corey coming back. We also have Okogie and Mathews coming in. Maybe we will add Justin Moore. That's 10 guys. Did I miss someone. We had one walk-on, so maybe that's 11 on the roster this Fall. Two more 2016 scholarships to give or hold for 2017. Maybe three if Pastner decides to dump the walk-on. Of course, rumors abound that Jorgy may not return. Or that Corey might graduate this summer. Who really knows?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pastner has mentioned several times in interviews that his Memphis home was on a golf course.

So the guy likes irony...ahem...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
He also has said, in so many words, that he has nothing against golf. He just wants the staff to know that until they turn Tech around they can't just punch the clock and there will no time for taking a few hours off from work each day to play golf. He smiles and accepts with good nature the way his initial comments blew up on him but he also has clarified those comments in a way that makes it clear rebuilding has to be everyone's top priority, even more important than always being able to make tee time.