GT Hoops General Topics

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So complainin' Seth Greenberg was just on NBARadio and they asked him about guys who surprised him in the league.

First guy out of his mouth was Shumpert. Said STTE, "I had a guy Delaney and we went down there and dominated GT. Didn't lose to them in 4 years so I'm surprised at how good a player Shumpert ended up being ... He's found a good niche, blah, blah, blah."

He meant it as a compliment but I just didn't appreciate how he framed/phrased it. I know, he's not far from right but I just can't stand that guy so I don't care. Get a job and tell your guy Delaney to make it to the NBA then you can talk.

So ends my irrational rant.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I do not like Greenberg. that said he got a pretty rough deal at VT.

Some guys are better NBA players than NCAA players. The coaching is obviously better in the league and if you have the physical tools to excel when coached up.......bingo

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I do not like Greenberg. that said he got a pretty rough deal at VT.

Some guys are better NBA players than NCAA players. The coaching is obviously better in the league and if you have the physical tools to excel when coached up.......bingo

Whoa, what rough deal did he get at VPI? Him scheduling cupcakes, even after the committee told him not to, then constantly complaining about not getting in? Screw that guy.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He's at VT! At least 19 wins in 5 of the 8 seasons they were in the ACC. Schedule or not. Better than what we've done since before I could legally drink.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He's at VT! At least 19 wins in 5 of the 8 seasons they were in the ACC. Schedule or not. Better than what we've done since before I could legally drink.

Meh, sounds nice. He can still kick rocks. There's not many people I just can't stand. He happens to be one of them. I'll never say a kind word about him.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Brian Gregory should campaign for a gig on the new Brooklyn Nets staff. He wouldn't have to deal with calling in-game plays or recruiting, which are his 2 biggest weaknesses. He'd probably make a great NBA assistant.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Mike Brey chimes in on Pastner:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/mike-brey-on-georgia-tech-recruiting-is-really-goi/nrLb4/

“He’s really good,” Brey said. “This is a high-energy guy. He certainly has a reputation of getting players, so their recruiting is really going to get rolling. He’s a great addition to the league, as is Kevin Stallings at Pittsburgh, a proven guy who’s won.”

Let's see if he's being PC, or if he's pulling a Pitino "CBG is one of the top coaches in the country" move.