GT Hoops General Topics

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think he does have some sources in certain places but you have to take all his tweets with a big grain of salt. Hes a clown. Throw enough $hit against the wall some of it will stick.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm beginning to think there's something personal with whoever runs that twitter and Pastner. Dude sure is obsessed with Pastner if you look back at his timeline. At this point, gotta take his tweets about Pastner the way you would a rabid UGA fan tweeting about GT.

I think he does have some sources in certain places but you have to take all his tweets with a big grain of salt. Hes a clown. Throw enough $hit against the wall some of it will stick.

Fwiw, they self identify as "a diverse group of basketball insiders" and earlier tweeted:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
This is exactly what Pitino did with the CBG praise. I don't see any harm, but we should simply pay no attention.

The difference is that Pitino straight up said something even he couldn't possibly believe. It was a generic "[H]e’s a top 15 basketball coach in this country.” That is verbatim by the way. In contrast Brey had a similar generic "He's really good... He's a great addition to the league" but neither are anywhere close to the magnitude of calling someone a top 15 coach in the nation. He then said two specific things that fall in line exactly with what we know about Pastner, that he is high energy, hell bordering on fanatical, and has a reputation as a good recruiter. Brey's comments sound like legitimate praise with a coach speak leaning. Pitino's comments seemed to be those of a coach who knew he just stole a game, and wanted to keep the coach he just stole from around so he could steal more from him.