GT Hoops General Topics

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...scholarships-josh-pastner-tenure-justin-moore

For me the answer is quite simple. 16-17 is a tough year regardless of who we fill out the roster with at this point. No sense in recruiting non-ACC caliber kids her just to recruit over them in the 17 class. Maybe we only go with 10-11 scholarship guys this year and put a couple in our pocket for the big fishing trip.
My sentiments exactly...I was thinking about it last night,I think that approach would be the way to go.I actually think 2018 might be the class to really dig into,getting in with these kids early.If I were the staff I'd be on Okeke,Nwora,Gak,J.Tucker,Hammonds and Alex O'Connell as a point guard.Obviously Walker,Sexton and Carter would be nice but I think 2018 will be the year we land multiple top 25 talent.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd be happy with a 1-year rental on a James White type post transfer. Not going to keep the young guys on the bench, but a good depth/energy guy.

porthender1

Georgia Tech Fan
So there are 2-3 open scholarships for 2016-2017 and most of the good players are gone. Tech needs a good inside man yet, of course they have redshirted a couple of them in the past two years and we don't know what we have. Lammers is decent, got to wonder about the other two!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
James White off to the Philippines to play pro ball. The reality is that many kids won't make the NBA, but playing at a place like GT or college ball in general is gonna get you a crack at pro ball somewhere in the world.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Great to have one of the ATL's finest @dfavors14 working out on campus #TogetherWeSwarm
Clkscz1XEAA8qX-.jpg

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is the kind of player and person I want us to recruit:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article84385427.html

I actually met him on the AAU circuit. I have a relative who played with him. Very nice kid. Confident as you would expect but very personable.

Interesting to watch him as he would cruise for a while and you would say - good but what is all the hype about? And then all of a sudden he would do a couple of things like a tomahawk jam off standing 2 feet and you would go - now I understand :wideyed: Typical AAU stuff especially since the games I saw were not the big time games.

He will be the most athletic PG Roy has had probably ever. Lock down defender if he wants to be. Unstoppable going to the basket but will need to improve his shooting. Does that and we won't have to worry about him more than one year.