GT Hoops General Topics

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
That 2004-2005 team was probably the last one that was so significantly impacted by injuries.
Luke had foot surgery before the season began.
Ismail had problems with his knees all season.
Elder turned the ankle in the Kansas game (GT was up double digits at the time) and sort of like Lammers this year was never really healthy again.
Bynum had a wrist injury that they kept really quiet because the staff was worried opponents would target the wrist if they knew.
But Jack sort of held it all together until he hurt his ankle in the ACC Tourney. That killed things.

Not as many missed games as this year, but that team was sort of a walking wounded. When that team was pretty healthy early in the season they were destroying teams - that is the squad that beat Michigan and UGA by 38 and 43 points in back to back games. Injuries turned that team from a potential Final Four caliber squad to one that was just good enough to make the Tourney.

That was alos the last team to win at Littlejohn

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
How long before this gets turned into a “Must mean he’s transferring! What else could be continued?!?!” Lol. I mean we are tech fans so we expect the worst.
In spite of me being a lifelong Tech fan, I assumed he meant he is continuing his education at GT. I also assumed, since he used a photo from one of his rare moments playing in a Tech uniform, that he will return to the team next year. Of course, that could be wrong.

The pessimist in me assumed he meant those Russell uniforms are really cool and he is transfering to a school where he can continue wearing them. See, the Adidas contract has already cost us a player.

Deleted member 2897

My favorite part of that picture is Buzz Williams trying to figure out how Virginia Tech had him triple teamed but our 11th man just dunked in their face anyway.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Now I'll say what I've been wondering... Was it awkward for Brown to be sitting on the bench at GT following the off court stuff? Jon Brown is Kenny Anderson's nephew. The same Kenny Anderson who vouched for Ron Bell. While I have no reason to believe there was animosity, perhaps this was a mutual parting of ways.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Now I'll say what I've been wondering... Was it awkward for Brown to be sitting on the bench at GT following the off court stuff? Jon Brown is Kenny Anderson's nephew. The same Kenny Anderson who vouched for Ron Bell. While I have no reason to believe there was animosity, perhaps this was a mutual parting of ways.

This thought has also crossed my mind on many occasions. Kenny actually responded to @connell62 directly at one point in order to defend THWRB which was an interesting thing back a while ago.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I thought the same thing. This comment from Kenny Anderson II only helped support it:
Screenshot_20180309-174038.jpg

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Kenny said he wanted to be a part of the GT basketball program again, but he probably blocked the entrance this season. Too bad, but that's what it is.

Milwaukee

Banned
Another year and here we are sitting around watching everyone else in the nation. Going on a decade now since we played in an NCAA Tournament? Was it 2010?

Edit: Going on 8 years now since we played in an NCAA Tournament. Now we're talkin.