GT Hoops General Topics

msargent1

Jolly Good Fellow

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Hope Ron reads this:

"As strange as this may sound, Pastner has done a nice job keeping his players positive and navigating the wreckage of this season, even with the ongoing hangover of back-and-forth litigation between the head coach and the former hanger-on vermin that is Ron Bell."

“hanger-on vermin that is Ron Bell”. Schultz has nailed it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Had these made when I was a kid and got them all signed after the final four run. Good memories, and good times to be a tech basketball fan. Cant wait to get back to this level of play one day. Been wayyyy to long.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I have a buddy who is a die hard UNC fan, he used to HATE Bynum. We were sitting around one night when he was railing on Will before GT played UNC.

Bynum dropped 30+ that night. It was glorious.
I remember that game. 2005 ACC tournament. He has some other great ones too. The game vs Gonzaga out in Vegas he went off against Adam Morrison. The game at Kansas that same season too. Man, come to think of it, 2004/05 was a let down due to injuries. So much hype going into that year.....

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember that game. 2005 ACC tournament. He has some other great ones too. The game vs Gonzaga out in Vegas he went off against Adam Morrison. The game at Kansas that same season too. Man, come to think of it, 2004/05 was a let down due to injuries. So much hype going into that year.....
All changed when BJ rolled his ankle at Kansas and we blew big lead, and Elder was never the same after.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We took a crew of degenerates out to that Gonzaga game. I laid out $700 for 35 tickets and every single one of them were used the wknd before Xmas.

Bynum all but dunked on Ronny Turiaf (got over him, but ball bricked, I think).

We later partied at the Hard Rock, had a cab driver we declared his name was "Steam" (his hat said "100 degrees" on it) and proceeded to have a really late night out. Pretty sure the sun was up by the time I got back to the hotel.

Despite the loss, it was a great trip.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We took a crew of degenerates out to that Gonzaga game. I laid out $700 for 35 tickets and every single one of them were used the wknd before Xmas.

Bynum all but dunked on Ronny Turiaf (got over him, but ball bricked, I think).

We later partied at the Hard Rock, had a cab driver we declared his name was "Steam" (his hat said "100 degrees" on it) and proceeded to have a really late night out. Pretty sure the sun was up by the time I got back to the hotel.

Despite the loss, it was a great trip.
Man I love Las Vegas! Then I get on a flight to go home and I hate the hell out of that place....

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Man I love Las Vegas! Then I get on a flight to go home and I hate the hell out of that place....
I haven't been in almost 8 years, but I used to go and by the time I was getting on the plane to leave, I'd start having withdrawal symptoms and plotting when I could get back there.

I still have an unopened pair of free house slippers from the Wynn (my favorite place).

(Full disclosure: I'm a 10+ year Wynn Resorts shareholder, so of course it's my favorite place)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That 2004-2005 team was probably the last one that was so significantly impacted by injuries.
Luke had foot surgery before the season began.
Ismail had problems with his knees all season.
Elder turned the ankle in the Kansas game (GT was up double digits at the time) and sort of like Lammers this year was never really healthy again.
Bynum had a wrist injury that they kept really quiet because the staff was worried opponents would target the wrist if they knew.
But Jack sort of held it all together until he hurt his ankle in the ACC Tourney. That killed things.

Not as many missed games as this year, but that team was sort of a walking wounded. When that team was pretty healthy early in the season they were destroying teams - that is the squad that beat Michigan and UGA by 38 and 43 points in back to back games. Injuries turned that team from a potential Final Four caliber squad to one that was just good enough to make the Tourney.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
That 2004-2005 team was probably the last one that was so significantly impacted by injuries.
Luke had foot surgery before the season began.
Ismail had problems with his knees all season.
Elder turned the ankle in the Kansas game (GT was up double digits at the time) and sort of like Lammers this year was never really healthy again.
Bynum had a wrist injury that they kept really quiet because the staff was worried opponents would target the wrist if they knew.
But Jack sort of held it all together until he hurt his ankle in the ACC Tourney. That killed things.

Not as many missed games as this year, but that team was sort of a walking wounded. When that team was pretty healthy early in the season they were destroying teams - that is the squad that beat Michigan and UGA by 38 and 43 points in back to back games. Injuries turned that team from a potential Final Four caliber squad to one that was just good enough to make the Tourney.
I remember it well (and fondly). And just think, at first many thought Hewitt's contract was worth it base don the Final Four run and that year where the team was devastating until those injuries hit us.