GT Hoops General Topics

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Pretty interesting article on Jack ...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Many of us have been aware that he's quietly become a pretty important dude in NBA circles. This article speaks to that. IIUC, his dad is also somewhat influential as well. I'd sure be happy to have Jack connected with the program, in some capacity, once his playing days are done.

Figured I'd post something pro-Jackets to drown out all the UVA love that's been going on lately. Been smellin' like the friggin' Sabre up in here lately. :whistle:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He has been the #1 former player on my list of guys i'd most like to be a GT asst coach.

I think he would make a great one. Will he want to get into coaching, and would it be at the college level? If the answers are yes than i'd be really disappointed if he didn't end up at GT.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
He has been the #1 former player on my list of guys i'd most like to be a GT asst coach.

I think he would make a great one. Will he want to get into coaching, and would it be at the college level? If the answers are yes than i'd be really disappointed if he didn't end up at GT.

He's not on contract after this year and is obviously toward/at the end of the NBA run. And we have an opening that needs to be filled. Barring some miraculous finish by the Knicks less than one month until he would be available. Interesting hire - obvious question is does he want to recruit? All over it if he does.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
We took a crew of degenerates out to that Gonzaga game. I laid out $700 for 35 tickets and every single one of them were used the wknd before Xmas.

Bynum all but dunked on Ronny Turiaf (got over him, but ball bricked, I think).

We later partied at the Hard Rock, had a cab driver we declared his name was "Steam" (his hat said "100 degrees" on it) and proceeded to have a really late night out. Pretty sure the sun was up by the time I got back to the hotel.

Despite the loss, it was a great trip.
I was there too...had just visited a buddy at Berkeley and we drove down together on the way home to LA. I don’t remember much (WAY too much drinking after getting in town at halftime and watching the end of the game on tv at the bar) but after partying all night I apparently started talking smack to Turiaf, tripped jumping over a barrier and busted my face all up. According to my friend, Turiaf busted out laughing and said I just made his night. Good times!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pretty interesting article on Jack ...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Many of us have been aware that he's quietly become a pretty important dude in NBA circles. This article speaks to that. IIUC, his dad is also somewhat influential as well. I'd sure be happy to have Jack connected with the program, in some capacity, once his playing days are done.

Figured I'd post something pro-Jackets to drown out all the UVA love that's been going on lately. Been smellin' like the friggin' Sabre up in here lately. :whistle:

There was a similar article written about JJ during his GT days. He had a pro mentality before he was actually a pro. Apparently the guy has been plugged into every scene and everyone since he started talking.

For some reason, I see him eventually being a GM somewhere. He's certainly going to his choice of options once he decides to move on from playing.

EDIT:

Here's part of the article

https://www.si.com/vault/2005/03/14/8254883/everybody-knows-jack