GT Hoops General Topics

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
A few on here have mentioned GT's connection to Gottlieb. Pretty good read:

https://theathletic.com/236536/2018/02/12/gottlieb-the-mistakes-i-made-and-the-price-i-paid/

As I explored my options, I got excited about the prospect of playing for Georgia Tech. Bobby Cremins wanted me, and his program was known for churning out great point guards — Mark Price, Kenny Anderson and Stephon Marbury. I thought it was all but done until Cremins called and said he was getting pushback from his administration because of what I had done at Notre Dame. He pulled the offer. I was crushed.

I remember hearing about that way back when. Another go-to discussion of announcers on Gottlieb's games, during which they'd romanticize about him to no end, was the fact that he'd allegedly wear shoes 6 sizes too small for whatever reason.

For some reason that'd always make me roll my eyes. That's like a guy who's a size 9 wearing a size 6. It's not as crazy as it sounds. It's not like he's a size 10 wearing a 4. What's the big deal?

Ok that's the end of my rant. I can't stand that guy so that's stuck in my craw for all this time. Don't judge me. :yawn:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I believe I caught that as well

He always speaks highly of GT. Even in his saying ColeBlooded.biz shouldn't be wearing #3, his intent was to honor guys who'd worn it previously.

I really enjoyed him breaking down how the Bagley kid had no shot, in his mind, of supplanting Kenny Anderson in having the best FR season in ACC history.

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
As a Temple alum I watch a decent amount of their games. Think the staff missed on stopping the recruitment of JP Moorman. He'd have been a solid four year player here.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
He goes to the basketball games. He greets the students in the front row.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make but he certainly does care about GT sports. He isn't Dr. Pettit.

Dr. Petit hired Homer Rice. Hire a good AD and stay out of the way.

Who cares if the President makes a big show?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

GT can't even do internships correctly. Factories send their players to car dealerships or car washes to sit around and do nothing, GT sends players to executive search firms to actually work. How are we going to get elite recruits when they see our SAs having to actually work at these internship things.

(Sarcasm warning for the sarcasm impaired)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Who in the hell takes the time to come up with stat comparisons like this ? Lol
upload_2018-3-2_8-56-39.png

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Who in the hell takes the time to come up with stat comparisons like this ? Lol

There is a website that you can put perimeters in to see who has done certain things. Most likely some fan looked at his line and thought it was something he hadn't seen too often and so decided to put it in. Only reason it got any traction was the rarity of it. But for probably every 1 that happens like that 1000 happen where the kitchen sink also accomplished it.