GT Hoops General Topics

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
There’s old expression dating back to the 18th century, “The Best Laid Plans of Mice & Men Often Go Awry”. It must have been meant for men playing & mighty mice coaching basketball. Practice, scrimmage, scout, plan & speculate all day, every day. Then injuries, illnesses, foul trouble & academics suddenly throw wrenches. It’s good to have a roster deep with talent.
I love that a fellow Tech person actually knows the works of Robert Burns. "Gang aft a-gley"

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Then injuries, illnesses, foul trouble & academics suddenly throw wrenches.
I love that a fellow Tech person actually knows the works of Robert Burns. "Gang aft a-gley"
It's important to teach the classics to the up and coming generations.......

rip torn throw GIF

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Good discussion. I bellieve we will have 2 4's on the court. Ndongo and a PF
Given the maturity of the other players, we’ve got more 4’s than 5’a that we think will make an impact. I agree that we’re more likely to see 2 4’s than a 4/5 combo. Ndongo is so deadly off the pick and roll I just don’t see him not filling the 5, but I expect he will get more opportunities at the “pure 4”. Maybe O’Brien will have similar pick and roll skills and they will be more interchangeable inside and out, depending on who is defending. That would make us really dangerous.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
I think “my guys” is more than the players. First time in long time that it feels like the Georgia Tech Team is truly transforming into the Georgia Tech Program.
I think we see lift in Wins and longevity - excited about the season, and also cashing my National Title futures bet. 💵

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Fresh off a two-year, $16 million extension with the Phoenix Suns, Josh Okogie went back to work at the Las Vegas Summer League -- as a photographer.

The 25-year-old guard picked up the hobby this summer after purchasing a Sony Alpha 7 III camera while on vacation in Milan, Italy, during Fashion Week and was urged by a friend to test his skills capturing live basketball.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey @Jacketman99 , this is for you:

And the one game that they played head to head George went for 16 points including 8-10 from the line while Cadeau only had 5 points including 1 free throw. Then you had George hitting the game winning basket while Cadeau watched from the bench after fouling out. Finally, George out rebounded him 4-2. I know which one of the two I would prefer to have on my team.

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
And the one game that they played head to head George went for 16 points including 8-10 from the line while Cadeau only had 5 points including 1 free throw. Then you had George hitting the game winning basket while Nadeau watched from the bench after fouling out. Finally George out rebounded him 4-2. I know which one of the two I would prefer to have on my team.

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
And the one game that they played head to head George went for 16 points including 8-10 from the line while Cadeau only had 5 points including 1 free throw. Then you had George hitting the game winning basket while Cadeau watched from the bench after fouling out. Finally George out rebounded him 4-2. I know which one of the two I would prefer to have on my team.
Well said.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
And the one game that they played head to head George went for 16 points including 8-10 from the line while Cadeau only had 5 points including 1 free throw. Then you had George hitting the game winning basket while Cadeau watched from the bench after fouling out. Finally, George out rebounded him 4-2. I know which one of the two I would prefer to have on my team.
They had very different roles for their teams. We did not have an RJ Davis who was going to be the guy. This year could be interesting to see how much George has developed, He was great last year and was so much better by season's end than when he first started. I have very high hopes for him going forward.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
They had very different roles for their teams. We did not have an RJ Davis who was going to be the guy. This year could be interesting to see how much George has developed, He was great last year and was so much better by season's end than when he first started. I have very high hopes for him going forward.
Cadeau got schooled that game and George did a lot of the schooling.