GT Hoops General Topics

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
From The Athletic's list of Top 20 freshman in college basketball along with a few honorable mentions

Baye Ndongo | 6-9 forward | Georgia Tech

I’ll never forget the first time I saw Ndongo play. I was in the back gym in a church in Houston and saw this 6-foot-9 kid block a shot off the glass, get the rebound, push the ball fullcourt and dunk it. No one knew who he was, but as I watched him and studied his game I thought one day he could be a pro. Most prospects his size don’t have the athleticism, skill or feel for the game like he does. He’s battled some injuries this offseason, but when we look back at this list we will ask ourselves why he wasn’t sought after more while being recruited.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone have an idea? Were the dunkers on the current roster!
Kelly and Terry, who are our reps at the ACC news conference today said that the dunk contest was not between players but professional dunkers. I'm guessing that is who we see in the video.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm really excited to see this team play with our new coach. Don't really know what to expect. Seem to have a good group of players. I hope we are competitive with thr top half of the ACC.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Okogie played well in the Suns opening night victory over the Lakers. 17 points and 5 rips in 32 minutes.

I believe you meant that Okogie played well against the Warriors. Looking at the box score, he had a GREAT game while starting:

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Did anybody notice we have a hand signal now that everybody is doing? Is that part of the #StingEm GTAA rebrand? I wonder how long before opponents start doing "stingers down" (or is it "stingers dulled"?) after scoring on us and do they get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty since it's the same as horns down? :unsure:
What's the signal?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
What's the signal?
aHR0cHM6Ly9yYW1ibGlud3JlY2suY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDIzLzEwLzEwMTgyM19ISEhfMDg2OS0xMDI0eDY4My5qcGc.jpg

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Youtube has a great collage of Harpring plays. Highly reccomend. My favorite all time player. He could shoot, rebound, assist, do it all.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I really like how players are talking about the flexibility of the roster...especially on the defensive side of the ball. One thing that stood out about the front court guys that Stoudamire brought in was their length and their athleticism. That translates to the defensive side, and the different things our staff can do. Kelly talking about how our big guys can get out and defensively cover guards, and we also have length at the guard spots and they can switch off and cover some big guys as well has to get you excited...especially when Stoudamire has preached defense from Day 1.

Stoudamire seems like a no BS kind of coach. He's not pumping sunshine up the players' butts, or saying pretty things to make the fans happy. He's been pretty forthcoming about his concerns. Even with that, I seem to sense a reserved optimism from him.

We'll see. We're less than 2 weeks away from the season starting.