GT-FSU Postgame thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Any subpar analysis I can add would be exactly that. Screw analysis. What matters is how proud I am of this team?

We've had a great season. Our players have a great attitude and put forth great effort.

Our coaches have them executing extremely well and our recruiting on the rise.

This is a point in time you'll want to remember because this may prove the point where we'll look back and say that was the beginning of a strong run of successful campaigns.

As always... Go Jackets!

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought Roof made the adjustments that needed to be done in the 2nd half. We stopped them 3 times in a row. F$U is skrong.

Definitely looked better second half, but that first half we were getting manhandled. FSU has some grown men on their OL and Cook is a beast. Proud of our guys though.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
We really need to go for 2 in these shootouts. We are so good at those plays and if we get them it forces the other team to make decisions.

Assume 5 scores and we get 2 3/5 times. That's significant in psyche for opposing coaches.
Well, if you likewise assume that you would have made all 5 extra points, that's 6 points versus 5. So you only gain 1 point for an awful lot of risk.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Can't add much. Eric said it all in the first post. Will only add this:

I think you should take one of your kickers who isn't your best (maybe the 3rd string guy) and make him the designated onside guy. His job would be nothing but onside kicks and have him work only on that every day and become really good at it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm proud of our guys and effort. Still, some need a reality check.

37 - pts FSU scored on GT and the Citadel and OK state.

It seems to me that we had the worst D performance against FSU than any FBS team this year, more than 4ppd. People are counting FGs as stops?

Yes, FSU is better than they've played, but our D? Smh. What's wrong with us as fans when we count a FG as a stop?

JHD should help, but we were schemed a bit too, imo. Need to get better.

Yes, we missed Smelter, but come on, and focus. We scored almost 4pts/drive. That's crazy good O. We've been playing crazy good O all year. You know who hasn't? FSU. Until tonight.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer

It seems to me that we had the worst D performance against FSU than any FBS team this year, more than 4ppd. People are counting FGs as stops?

Yes, FSU is better than they've played, but our D? Smh. What's wrong with us as fans when we count a FG as a stop?

Yes, we missed Smelter, but come on, and focus. We scored almost 4pts/drive. That's crazy good O. We've been playing crazy good O all year. You know who hasn't? FSU. Until tonight.

Both offenses won the battle in the trenches. Our d line looked like they were over matched.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Crab Legs had literally all day to throw.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I We've been playing crazy good O all year. You know who hasn't? FSU. Until tonight.

It seems the 'holes knew what was on the line and they brought their "A' game. I flipped to another game, and the announcers were talking about how GT gave them a real test, and they passed, and they deserve a playoff spot. That's right. GT confirmed how good F$U can play when they want to...

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Ran into the best team in the nation tonight...we fought a hard fight.

Smelter loss was HUGE.

Bowl time now.
It did seem like the "best team in the nation" at times but I really think that Alabama will take this team to the wood shed. FSU had the most dominant offensive line we have faced better than "Georgia or Clemson but I just don't see them repeating as national champs. We will see. Great effort by our boys and yes Smelter being out really hurt. Waller did very well and showed what he can do. Line blocked well and the defense played better in the second half to give us a glimmer of hope. This team has no quit in them. "Really put on a show for a national audience. I hope this translates into an even brighter future.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It did seem like the "best team in the nation" at times but I really think that Alabama will take this team to the wood shed.
Just got home and the ESPN talking heads are already trying to figure out how to back out of the Bammer-Crab Legs game they've been clamoring for so Bammer gets a cake walk into the championship game. Guess the Crab Leggers look a bit tougher and they want the easier TCU match up for Bammer now. No way they want any part of OSU. Hard lobbying underway to keep them at #5.

Only remaining question is who gets stuck playing GT next. Nobody wants any part of this team.