GT-FSU Postgame thread

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't understand the onsides kick? Oh well. It is water under the bridge now. I am soooo proud of this team. We lost but we have gotten ourselves a lot of respect this season.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Needless to say, but looking forward to getting them again next season. Hopefully with a stronger D-line.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't understand the onsides kick? Oh well. It is water under the bridge now. I am soooo proud of this team. We lost but we have gotten ourselves a lot of respect this season.
I assume Butker just mis-hit it. Happens, and expected onsides are a low % play anyway.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Well if we can found a suitable replacement for Shaq and keep the rest of the Oline firing off the ball the way they have all season, then we will be fine offensively next year. We have to get bigger and stronger on the Dline and learn how to get off blocks. You could see they boys were giving it everything they had, but the Dline was just over-matched.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Tonight was huge for the program. Offense balled out and nobody can criticize. Even drove 95 yards for a TD in the two minute drill. Lots of myths busted this season. Also, glad we had Herbstreet calling. His speech at the end about credit to GT was class
Losses don't get better than this. Hate to lose, but got some respect today. ACCCG relevant on a national level and we were in it

thwgjacket

Well if we can found a suitable replacement for Shaq and keep the rest of the Oline firing off the ball the way they have all season, then we will be fine offensively next year. We have to get bigger and stronger on the Dline and learn how to get off blocks. You could see they boys were giving it everything they had, but the Dline was just over-matched.
Jabari Hunt-Days and Kenderius Whitehead should help remedy that.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad we fought till the end, but man our defense looked helpless tonight. On to the Orange Bowl regardless.
Certainly not what we would have hoped for but our warriors were playing against a semi-NFL offense tonight and made some heroic holds for field goals late that gave us a chance.... defense has far exceeded our expectations this year and have played their guts out... help coming too... proud of 'em!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
FSU has not played that well on O all year.

Dadgum. For the year, I think they averaged ~2.5 pts/dr. Against us, over 4ppd.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
FSU has not played that well on O all year.

Dadgum. For the year, I think they averaged ~2.5 pts/dr. Against us, over 4ppd.
This was the first time this year that their O-line looked like it had 4 all-ACC players on it, IMO. They were brutal in some of those early games.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
We really need to go for 2 in these shootouts. We are so good at those plays and if we get them it forces the other team to make decisions.

Assume 5 scores and we get 2 3/5 times. That's significant in psyche for opposing coaches.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We are a certainly a top 15 or even top 10 team. That's a lot to hang your hat on. Tonight, we saw the difference between a top 10 and a top 5 team. And the gap isn't insurmountable or terribly wide. Just a few more big bodies in the D trenches.Great effort as one would expect from this tear's team. Congrats to players and coaches.