GT-FSU Postgame thread

thwgjacket

Our D played bad tonight in the 1st half. I don't think we should completely throw our defensive turnaround out the window either though. Our DL did get pushed around bad but as I have been saying all year, we are missing 2 DL starters that we will get back next year.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
If FSU gets decent offensive line play and doesn't turn the ball over then they are really tough to beat. That was probably the best game they have played this season. You have to just tip your hat to them. Im proud our guys hung in there like they always do. JT and Waller need to get on the same page before the Orange Bowl.

thwgjacket

If FSU gets decent offensive line play and doesn't turn the ball over then they are really tough to beat. That was probably the best game they have played this season. You have to just tip your hat to them. Im proud our guys hung in there like they always do. JT and Waller need to get on the same page before the Orange Bowl.
I walked outside for a minute and missed that. What happened?

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We ran into a really good team tonight. I cant believe they would even discuss leaving FSU out of the playoffs for some 1 LOSS teams. Thats sad. Not having.Smelter really cost us in the run and pass game. We gave em a run for their money. Just need some help in the trenches. Our dline got absolutely blown off the ball and our blitzes got nowhere. Gotta get some depth at them front 4 spots

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What a fun game to witness- we have so much potential in this offense as JT gets into his prime. That last drive took about a minute - stupid camera pole blocked view of on side kick. Watching right behind the players there is not slow down in anyone in this team.
The ol line is becoming a thing of beauty that will pay dividends in spades.

Sure the DL could not rush - but referee don't call holding till you get an
Angle so we have work there. There tight end was one of the best athletes we have played.
Can't wait for the bowl
And
tHWG

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot more disappointed tonight than I expected to be. Love this team though. One of my favorite Tech teams since I've been a fan. A win tonight would've sealed the best season since 1990. Miss opportunity but FSU has nfl talent everywhere and we went toe to toe with them.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This loss hurts, but A LOT to be proud of. We stood toe-to-toe with a team that out recruits us by 3 tiers. FSU recruits on the level of the elite college teams...there are maybe 1-2 other teams that get the athletes FSU gets. We were one play away from beating them. Consider this:

Total yards:
FSU - 488
GT - 465

Time of Possession:
FSU: 25:05
GT: 34:55

Rushing Yards:
FSU: 179
GT: 331

1st Downs:
FSU: 24
GT: 28

On paper we probably had no business being within 3 touchdowns of them...but as you can see, we were close to pulling it off. We're still a 10 win team, with a chance to get to 11 wins in a BCS bowl. I've said it many times, but our team will live and die by the turnovers we can create. We couldn't create any turnovers, and we lost by 2 points. If we can get 2-3 special players on defense, we can beat FSU and teams on FSU's level. To me, this gives our young guys experience on what the big stage is....I expect them to be there again multiple times in the next 4 years.

As much as it sucks because the game is still fresh, I'll be pulling for FSU in the playoffs because they're a conference team. If FSU can roll 'Bama and Oregon/TCU, it's nothing but good for the ACC, and ultimately GT.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This loss hurts, but A LOT to be proud of. We stood toe-to-toe with a team that out recruits us by 3 tiers. FSU recruits on the level of the elite college teams...there are maybe 1-2 other teams that get the athletes FSU gets. We were one play away from beating them. Consider this:

Total yards:
FSU - 488
GT - 465

Time of Possession:

Rushing Yards:

1st Downs:

On paper we probably had no business being within 3 touchdowns of them...but as you can see, we were close to pulling it off. We're still a 10 win team, with a chance to get to 11 wins in a BCS bowl. I've said it many times, but our team will live and die by the turnovers we can create. We couldn't create any turnovers, and we lost by 2 points. If we can get 2-3 special players on defense, we can beat FSU and teams on FSU's level. To me, this gives our young guys experience on what the big stage is....I expect them to be there again multiple times in the next 4 years.

As much as it sucks because the game is still fresh, I'll be pulling for FSU in the playoffs because they're a conference team. If FSU can roll 'Bama and Oregon/TCU, it's nothing but good for the ACC, and ultimately GT.
Good post, agree with all except the root for the Noles part. Screw 'em. I can't stand lookin' at Crab Legs' face one more time. Even his own coach is fed up with him.

Total yards:
FSU - 488
GT - 465

Time of Possession:

Rushing Yards:

1st Downs:

I'll be pulling for the Noles in the playoffs too. LOVE to see them beat Bama.

Don't you know that Jimbo Fisher is not looking forward to having to face Justin in Atlanta next Fall with Winston to carry them. I hope the announcers tonight acknowledged Justin for the incredible QB that he is.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I walked outside for a minute and missed that. What happened?
Just a couple of plays where Waller ran a different route than JT expected. One possibly cost us a TD. The other lead to an interception. It's hard to tell which one was messing up but they certainly weren't on the same page.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Great game, and the team never gave up. I still think the defensive coaches didn't have a good game plan going into the game, but the team played hard and it's been a blast watching them this year. Let's win the Orange bowl and have some momentum rolling into next year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just a couple of plays where Waller ran a different route than JT expected. One possibly cost us a TD. The other lead to an interception. It's hard to tell which one was messing up but they certainly weren't on the same page.
88 zig when he should have zagged.
88 kept at it and finished strong

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Great effort by the team tonight. I kept waiting for FSU to turn the ball over, but they never did. I'm glad the rain ended before the game. I wish I had a barrel of rum.

Tech showed they can play with the best, FSU played real good tonight.
Their Qb played his best game of the season and didn't throw a single interception. Credit to them for not making many mistakes. We have a top 8 team for sure! Georgia Tech is back to having a little respect.

Great game, and the team never gave up. I still think the defensive coaches didn't have a good game plan going into the game, but the team played hard and it's been a blast watching them this year. Let's win the Orange bowl and have some momentum rolling into next year.
I'm sure they thought they did. I told a few guys sitting next to me that FSU had a really really good offense line. Everybody wants to talk about Jameis but that's the difference in their team. They control the line of scrimmage when the game matters the most.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Just a few comments. First; dang proud of the team - no quit in them and almost found a way to win in the end even after they were obviously playing out of sync, so to speak, in the passing game. Really missed Smelter more than I anticipated.

Next, Winston probably played his best game in 2 years last night; his completion percentage going in conjuction with the fact he had zero INT's was totallt contrary to how he's been playing pretty much all season. We had some broken coverages, and DB's fell down in coverage, which led to easy completions, but the fact that he actually completed them against us seemed unusual in that he may have mised some of those against other competitors.

Like the second half of our season, our defense seemed to have made pretty good adjustments at halftime, so we were able to hold the Semioles to only 9 points the 2nd half (and we scored 14, and had a chance to score more if Waller would have been on the same page with Thomas in the passing game earlier).

Finally, I have a feeling there more than just a few bettors REALLY happy that the Jackets took our last drive 95 yards, or so, and scored a TD, making it a 2-point game as the line was, I believe, 3 1/2. Vegas, on the other hand, was probably cursing under their breath.