GT fan attitude toward ND

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Does none of the money go to athletics, or none of the profit? These are ENTIRELY different statements. I believe it they have separate funding for the scholarships, but I have serious doubts that none of that money goes into stadiums/facilities/coaches/lawsuits from dead camera operators/rape coverups.

It's a distinction without much of a difference. They may well recoup the expenses incurred, but they are pouring the profits into the regular student scholarship fund. Coaches are paid out of the athletic endowment IIRC.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don’t really care one way or the other about them but I haven’t seen the same scumbag recruitment/roster moves done by every team in the SEC and their fans aren’t all morons so I don’t see any reason to hate them. They appear from the outside looking in to at least do things mostly the right way.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I want to dislike them, but all I feel is apathy.

If anything (if I actually put effort to think about it), I would probably agree with jeffgt14.

/

Another thing I just remembered, the ND band played the GT fight song in their pregame concert. I wonder how many host bands do that?

The obnoxious ND band also played their fight song loud and repeatedly during the trophy presentation to JoeHam and the Boys after the '99 Gator Bowl, one of the better games I've attended.

I don't care for ND, as they are almost always over-ranked and annually play a pretty favorable schedule. The sense of entitlement reminds me of today's millennial snowflakes. Their attitude towards becoming a fulltime ACC member sucks too.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
For Shame...
12356713.jpg
I rooted for USC and Stanford against Notre Dame;)

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Define a perfect day:

1) Tech WINS,
2) The "team" from Athens LOOSES,
3) The "team" from Knoxville LOOSES, and
4) The "team" from South Bend LOOSES.

THWG,
Nothing sucks like a big orange, and
Duck Notre Fame.

Go Tech!

A day to remember: Watch #1 ND come to Grant Field. End tied 3 - 3.

Priceless: Fire the ND Safety for not being a team player.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Define a perfect day:

1) Tech WINS,

THWG,
Duck Notre Fame.

Go Tech!

Another great day was Georgia Tech beating #11 Notre Dame 23-14 at Grant Field on November 6th 1976;)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I like ND, I think they are very similar to GT in that they try to balance academics with athletics and they don't go the thug route. Of course whenever they play GT, I'm GT all the way. One of my favorite days was watching Tashard Choice carve them up with Touchdown Jesus looking on. I was wearing my "Rudy was offsides" t-shirt and went to mass after the game. You should have seen the looks I got, I might have been one of only a handful of GT fans in that tiny dorm chapel. (All the dorms have their own chapel and we went to my brothers' dorm chapel).

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Define a perfect day:

1) Tech WINS,

THWG,
Duck Notre Fame.

Go Tech!

LOOSES????????? Is that anything like loses?????? :D

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I like ND, I think they are very similar to GT in that they try to balance academics with athletics and they don't go the thug route. Of course whenever they play GT, I'm GT all the way. One of my favorite days was watching Tashard Choice carve them up with Touchdown Jesus looking on. I was wearing my "Rudy was offsides" t-shirt and went to mass after the game. You should have seen the looks I got, I might have been one of only a handful of GT fans in that tiny dorm chapel. (All the dorms have their own chapel and we went to my brothers' dorm chapel).
I like ND 85% of black athletes grad.
Ditto Stanford 90% overall
Northwestern about the same.

We are moving into that area.

Its mandentory that we be able to assure All our signees that if they work we will support them through graduation so they will move into the league of Gt - ND and Stanford .