GT fan attitude toward ND

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
He is confusing being penalized for being offsides and actually being offsides. The act and a penalty for an act are two different things. If I robbed his house but was not charged with it would he say no robbery occurred?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He is confusing being penalized for being offsides and actually being offsides. The act and a penalty for an act are two different things. If I robbed his house but was not charged with it would he say no robbery occurred?
I've watched the tape several times and he wasn't actually offsides. He did commit a penalty that's rarely called by wiggling his leg prior to the snap, however.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Why do you LOVE Notre Dame so much? Why do fellow Southerners love the Dwags so much? Should we be tolerant and understanding to their misty-eyed sympathies? Are we anti-Catholic bigots if we don't love Notre Dame as much as you? If we have loyalty to the school and region we come from, why are Notre Dame fans bent on coming down here and questioning our motives on this issue? Seems a bit gauling.

Why should Tech fans love Notre Dame or forget our traditional rivalry with them? Because somebody moved down here from Chicagoland, and wants to make us their 2nd bestus team? And all my pals from St. Pius and Marist love Notre Dame. Frick y'all. My brother graduated from Tech in the 70s and threw fish at them. And he's the reason I'm a Tech fan. So, no, I will not 'respect' Notre Dame. Frick them and your Cubbies.
I see one "We don't care how you do it up north"; one "Go back where you came from"; one "who do you think you are?"; one "You think you're better than us,"; one illusion to mackerel snapper; and finally, with the Cubbies, one for good measure.

I nominate you for the Thomas Jefferson Hyperbole Exercise award, and note with some admiration that you did with two paragraphs what he needed an entire Declaration of Independence to do. Swap "King George" for "Notre Dame" and you're flirting with plagiarism.

Whatllyahave

Georgia Tech Fan
I have hated them forever but the capper was a night game at home in the 70s when ND, ahead something like 35-7, called a timeout on our 4 yardline with 4 seconds left. Extreme dislike turned to pure hatred.

GT18YJ

Georgia Tech Fan
I have hated them forever but the capper was a night game at home in the 70s when ND, ahead something like 35-7, called a timeout on our 4 yardline with 4 seconds left. Extreme dislike turned to pure hatred.
That was the 1974 opening game. The backup qb was in and he ran a play that got them inside the 5 yl with a few seconds left. He did call time out wanting to score but was yelled at by Ara Parseghian when he got to the sidelines. Ara told him to go back in and take a knee. Joe Malta and Tony Lubischer were in the game at dl and, during the time out, one of them told the other that he had played against the qb in high school. Since whichever one it was didn't like the qb in high school either, they both purposely jumped off side (one of them literally jumping over the center) to rough up the qb. Flags were thrown, we were penalized half the distance, and he then took the knee.