GT - Duke Post game thread

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
I must say I've never heard a louder or fiercer BS chant than I did at this game. 31-25 leaves a slightly better taste in one's mouth than 31-12.

The students who remained after the rain delay and the roasting sun gave CPJ a round of applause when he was walking out, presumably because we were happy to have had any chance to win the game at the end. CPJ looked pissed, and who can blame him.

I remain optimistic, but Duke is going to have to lose some games they shouldn't going forward.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The failure to call KeShun being MAULED; QUOTE]
Unbelievable hold within yard or two of QB not called.

But our O line did not win the battle in the trenches and the D line was man handled.
JT looked like he was hurting with about 5 or 6 minutes to go in first half.

As we have said every game it can be lost. Just so hard to take that it is Puke on our turf.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He hit the gate. He played well after that so hope he is ok Gate may be damaged.

Did he hurt leg on long end round during tackle?

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I must say I've never heard a louder or fiercer BS chant than I did at this game. 31-25 leaves a slightly better taste in one's mouth than 31-12.

The students who remained after the rain delay and the roasting sun gave CPJ a round of applause when he was walking out, presumably because we were happy to have had any chance to win the game at the end. CPJ looked pissed, and who can blame him.

I remain optimistic, but Duke is going to have to lose some games they shouldn't going forward.

They lost to Miami already so they just have us head to head. I think VT will be a challenge for them.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Hurts to lose. JT didn't look good throwing the ball at all but played well in the option game.

We have to be able to make teams pay for cheating in their secondary. We did that against VT and did not today.

Helluva job by Byerly.

Oh, and the refs were awful. How can a guy sit down, then stand up and run for 5 more yards?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Blame this on 33jacket, he was saying we were going to lose in the game chat and it snowballed from there. Seriously bad juju
With all due respect before the miami game i said it was the duke game i was worried about because we would beat maimi in nice fashion and how we handled a duke team after that would tell us alot about our team.

So my juju started way before that chat. I guess i should just quit predicting period if i am the bad juju spellmaker.

Issues on O. D couldnt hold the fort together. May have to win out to make it to charlotte. Unc next week will be a battle.

Beevis

Georgia Tech Fan
Our D is non-existent.

Any offense we play the rest of the way should be able to cram it down our throat and we can't do anything about it.

Will be lucky to finish 7-5.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Our D is non-existent.

Any offense we play the rest of the way should be able to cram it down our throat and we can't do anything about it.

Will be lucky to finish 7-5.
Last three games will tell a lot. I think we know we have to really get better. we will use the next few games getting better verses just winning? We are playing guys - 71 did good pass blocking, freeman. Getting better, etc. getting better during game is Hard to do . But if we fold up at we will be embarrassed, loose recruits, and go into 15 with dread.

Sure proud of the effort and attitude.

6-1 is way better than 5-2!!!!!!!

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I still remember the flack I got when they beat us in 04. This isn't a bad Duke team though. They almost beat johnny football.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I really hate to be one of those ref blaming guys... but we got the shaft on our home-field several times today. 1 yd gains magically turned into 4-5 yd gains, Offsides on a punt... WTF??, Smelters catch over-ruled, It seemed to me as if the refs were quick to give Duke every close first down, TD, or call and when something was close for us, they reviewed it every single time or called it against us. Ive heard of home-field advantage, but ive never heard of away-field advantage. JT was injured before half and shouldnt have come back in at 70%. He just wasnt effective at all. Our WRs looked afraid to block downfield due to refs throwing flags everytime we attempted to make a big play. Our D... man O man... they just dont get any push on the line. Also our LBs seem to fill the wrong holes on almost every running play. Also when Roof calls a blitz... our blitzer isnt going 100mph after the QB. They seem to be half blitzing, half watching for a reverse. I agree with the poster who said we drove the field twice and got 6 points and Duke drove the field zero times and got 14 points. I kept looking at the stats and saying "How in the world do they have any points?" Ill give Dukes D credit, they have really improved on that side of the ball. Their offense was just going 4 and 5 wide and running it up the gut. Was definitely the gameplan that I would use against our D. No doubt about it. Didnt see many playmakers for them on O, but Cutt had a very smart gameplan. Im feeling sick about this loss though... WAY too many unforced errors by our jackets on O. Gotta be almost perfect to beat good teams. I hope coach makes them do up downs until they "Cant No Mo"

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I just got back. I am disappointed we lost, but was glad to see Tech fight to the end and almost pulled off a miracle finish. I still feel good about this team and expect this to be a great year for Georgia Tech football. Duke won, but with a lot of help from the refs and Georgia Tech. Looking for the rebound next week against North Carolina.

Go Jackets!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Too much counter option and no quick triple. Not a ONE. Playcalling was horrible.

PJ and JT were both off their games today.
It seems as if CPJ stayed vanilla in the first half to make them not change at halftime. Then after half he started mixing it up a little(not enough) and it was working. Then we fumble, throw 2 picks and thats all she wrote. You cannot turn the ball over that many times and expect to win many games. I hope everyone on the team learns alot from this game. CPJ included. On the bright side... The fans came ready to play today. Very loud and many even stayed through the rain delay. Im proud of us for doing this on an early day game.