GT - Duke Post game thread

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
No QB controversy in my mind. Everyone has an off day. JT had one today. He'll learn from it. He is still inexperienced. The key thing is to manage your off days - that only comes from experience. When you are not having your best game, you need to take minimal risks etc.
No I agree. I'm a huge JT fan. I just know that's how our fans reacts. That's why I put controversy in quotes

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Does sending in the game tape do anything for the refs? The failure to call KeShun being MAULED; the running play where the Duke guy was down on his butt but scooted forward 3 yards; the constant holding calls on us vs. none for Duke?

Cam

Helluva Engineer
The pressure to remain undefeated is lifted now at least, I just wish it would have been against a better team. Time to prepare for UNC.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Does sending in the game tape do anything for the refs? The failure to call KeShun being MAULED; the running play where the Duke guy was down on his butt but scooted forward 3 yards; the constant holding calls on us vs. none for Duke?
Still goes down as an L for the good guys. Refs clearly sucked, but that happens. Kept the Falcons out of the Superbowl a couple years back. The way I look at it is that you cant let the game be so close that it comes down to zebras making calls.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
We have beat 2 of the big 4, with 2 more to go. The wheels have in no way fallen off. It will be interesting to see how our guys respond next week.

It is hard to beat a team that does not turn the ball over. We got beat today not by talent, but by a team that played better fundamental football than we did.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our execution on both sides of the ball was sub-par.
The refs were absolute garbage in many ways.
The bottom line however is that dook played a pretty good game and deserved to win.

All that said, while I don't think the team bought into the hype, I hate it when we start to get any sort of notoriety. Would've just as soon not been ranked after last week. Would've just as soon not seen the media talking about us this past week (Pat Forde already tweeted our charade is over). All the hype around Chaplain Moore's pregame speech. The back & forth between coaches. I don't want us to ever get press. Save it until after we've won silverware.

I believe it was Teddy Roosevelt who put it best... "Speak softly & carry a big stick". We've got 6 more 1-game seasons. Shut out outside influences, put up results, evaluate at season end, celebrate if you deserve it.

Cheesehead Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Couldn't we all really see this one coming ? I said a couple of weeks ago, Duke would be ready . We ( and the refs ) helped them a lot , but they had 2 weeks to prepare and looked like they were paying attention, on both sides of the ball. We were EXTREMELY flat , until it was too late. Hopefully it was a lesson learned. When you don't bring your A game , make stupid penalties, listen to " we own Duke " all week , this is what can happen. Regroup , they got another test at NC and any player who doesn't think it will be should just stay home.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not even really mad about the game. Was nice to think we might be undefeated going into the Clemson game. Cutcliffe is a heck of coach who should be at a bigger school. He had the team ready to play and it looked like Tech coming off two huge victories wasn't ready. The top 25 curse has struck again! Lets win the rest and upset the tigers!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I haven't read any posts above nor will I until I return. Going on a business trip. I'll be back on Friday. Maybe by then I'll have had time for the emotions to move aside and allow me to reflect on where we truly are. "It's never as good or as bad as it seems," is probably going to be a good mantra for a while. JT is human.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Buckle up, laugh at the goof ups, cheer the effort. Saw some good hits.

We needed this.

The defensive coaches need to get ready for unc and UVA and clemson and uga.
Counting on offense to be perfect is a dream not a plan.

O

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Well back home, disappointed, frustrated, annoyed and several other adjectives I can't post here. We know this team isn't good enough to overcome mediocre play, turnovers, the refs, the replay officials. So all in all right now I am not happy nor is anyone associated with Tech right now. I have watched this time and time again and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why Ground Hog Day reruns keep showing up.

I'm very sour right now, but I will never turn my back on the team. Maybe later tonight I'll simmer down but I could bite nails right now.