GT - Duke Post game thread

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think JT's ankle was intentionally wrenched on a tackle that ended-up out of bounds near the end of the first half. I think he should have come clean with how much he was hobbled. From my eye, it seemed he was easily a couple steps slower than usual.
I haven't watched the replay, but thought I'd seen the same during the play and on the big TV in the South stands. Godo to know I wasn't the only one that thinks that's when JT started to hobble around...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Shout out to @Longestday capturing all the slimy dook moments and @Eric for putting those Vines up on Twitter. They really must be taking lessons from coach k on the dook football team.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Can anyone watching on TV tell me if Smelter caught the ball? I could have sworn he caught it live and also when I looked at replay on the jumbo tran.

I thought the same thing, and wondered how the ref was in a position to call the pass incomplete in the first place, since Smelter's back was to him.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pass was trap by the ground. The ref said it hit the ground by tapping the ground.

The butt down/first down and the three major holds are the big misses.

Animal02

Banned
Pass was trap by the ground. The ref said it hit the ground by tapping the ground.

The butt down/first down and the three major holds are the big misses.
There was a similar reception in another game where the identical situation was called a catch can upheld by review. Obviously, it is a rule that needs more clarification.

The "butt down" play was the worst.......had we got the ball back and scored at that point, the entire game changes. Still cannot believe that was not reviewed.