GT - Duke Post game thread

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Untimely turnovers, untimely penalties, and a couple of horrible calls. The guys couldn't overcome the bad stuff.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Dammit now we have a quarterback "controversy" just poor play all around. It all started up front and they whipped us all day. We're not out yet but we can't lose again

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
JT is going to have a few bad games, and today was one of them. I can't be too down JT has pulled us through more times than not.

I chalk it up to being a young team.

That and a D that needs a lot of work. Our O had an off day, but our D looks like it's off season.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Me too. Lasky fumbled. JT threw picks. Stupid penalties on D. Duke played a cleaner game. And we still should have won. Like I posted earlier in the week, they won't stop us unless we stop ourselves. And we did.

That is why i don't bet on football games.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
There's no QB controversy. TB played great, but Duke had taken the foot of the pedal. Have we forgotten GSU and VT so quickly?

JT still ran for 119 and made it look easy.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
Dammit now we have a quarterback "controversy" just poor play all around. It all started up front and they whipped us all day. We're not out yet but we can't lose again

No QB controversy in my mind. Everyone has an off day. JT had one today. He'll learn from it. He is still inexperienced. The key thing is to manage your off days - that only comes from experience. When you are not having your best game, you need to take minimal risks etc.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
We aren't talented enough to play like that.
Bad calls, turnovers, inability to finish drives on o, inability to stop drives on D.
This was the least talented team we had during this stretch.
We aren't out of it, but play like that again, and we will be.