GT - Clemson postgame thread

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Uga folks to the left and clemson folks to right.
At start of game I did the "you guys have so much talent, this and next week are tough, hope we can just stay on field, look at the great players you have."
By mid third quarter the clemson folks were saying " these YOUNG Tech guys are kicking our defense around - next year looks bad"
Told the uga folks we may be able to play some against Georgia. They left and the Clemson guy Said - "hope you whip uga xxx."

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
What a great game by the defense! When Watson got hurt they smelled blood in the water and absolutely took it to Clemson. Game ball goes to Roof.

Our offense had some trouble early with Clemson's dline, but all in all I thought they played fairly well.

I hated to see Snoddy's injury, but I am happy that it wasn't a knee. Surgery and extensive rehab and he should be just fine for next season. My prayers go out to him.

And it is still GREAT TO BE A YELLOW JACKET!

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Defense held Clemson to 190 yards. 3-13 on third down and 65 passing yards on 22 attempts.
Cole Stout had a --12.8 QBR. JT had a 180.6 QBR.
Domination!!!

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
If Snoddy has a closed fracture , he should heal up just fine. He seems like a hard worker , so we will see him just as good next year. Tough break for the young man, but could have been worse.

Well what makes it a open fracture is broken skin and I didn't that, but it was a very serious fracture they both broke completely in half. Nothing a couple of screws won't fix

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
After having been somewhat surprised at the incredible lack of respect for Tech over at TigerNet this week -- it was far more than the usual know-nothing fan stuff -- I am wallowing in the soft, warm blanket of petty-infused joy at the flood of butthurt "commentary" at TigerNet right now. Great, great fun. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of internet warrior-fans. [Yes, the Clemson defense was very good. That said, Tech's offense managed 5 yards per rush on 50 rushes, a 50% third-down conversion rate, and 9.3 yards per pass. TigerNet folks are overlooking those facts. And while Clemson obviously missed Watson, the Clemson offense was facing a Tech defense that didn't have Shawn Green plugging the middle.] Here's hoping the TigerNet folks are enjoying ample servings of crow tonight.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
What a great game by the defense! When Watson got hurt they smelled blood in the water and absolutely took it to Clemson. Game ball goes to Roof.

Our offense had some trouble early with Clemson's dline, but all in all I thought they played fairly well.

I hated to see Snoddy's injury, but I am happy that it wasn't a knee. Surgery and extensive rehab and he should be just fine for next season. My prayers go out to him.

And it is still GREAT TO BE A YELLOW JACKET!
Probably will cost Snoddy his track season - hate that for him.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
  • Just an amazing game --and really started by us playing at clem LAST yr out of order so we got their weaker team here this yr.(I'm not sure we could beat them even here last yr).
  • Magical--"please take away the clem QB and make the Stout guy play instead"--ok,here you go
  • O, man ,they are about to score on us again--"give us a easy int for a TD"-ok
  • etc,etc

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
  • Just an amazing game --and really started by us playing at clem LAST yr out of order so we got their weaker team here this yr.(I'm not sure we could beat them even here last yr).
  • Magical--"please take away the clem QB and make the Stout guy play instead"--ok,here you go
  • O, man ,they are about to score on us again--"give us a easy int for a TD"-ok
  • etc,etc
I'm confused

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Our passing game is a huge difference this year. Many clutch throws and catches today. Decent protection most of the time. Another year we struggle more on offense.

I wonder what the game would have looked like if Watson hadn't gone out. Clem needs to try something different when they don't have him. Without a run threat at QB, their offense just flat doesn't work. Roddy said after the game no one should feel too bad for Clem when they lost Watson because they have big time blue chippers all over the field. I didn't see any particularly impressive backs or receivers.

The "blitz often and cover tight" scheme has been huge. We are getting mistakes from the offense, plus when they do complete a pass it's short. There isn't time for a long pass.

The ESPN announcing crew seemed clueless. We are a ranked, 8-2 team. They called the whole thing like we were big underdogs. And what about some notiriety for our QB? Why not a battle of two outstanding rookie quaterbacks? Isn't it about time JT start getting some props from the sporting world?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Watson getting hurt was a result of our defense. That's the risk you take when you keep running your QB and we were flying around hitting him all day. Morbid, yes and you never want to hurt the other player but you can't say we got lucky by Watson getting hurt. He was taking a beating every down.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Our passing game is a huge difference this year. Many clutch throws and catches today. Decent protection most of the time. Another year we struggle more on offense.

I wonder what the game would have looked like if Watson hadn't gone out. Clem needs to try something different when they don't have him. Without a run threat at QB, their offense just flat doesn't work. Roddy said after the game no one should feel too bad for Clem when they lost Watson because they have big time blue chippers all over the field. I didn't see any particularly impressive backs or receivers.

The "blitz often and cover tight" scheme has been huge. We are getting mistakes from the offense, plus when they do complete a pass it's short. There isn't time for a long pass.

The ESPN announcing crew seemed clueless. We are a ranked, 8-2 team. They called the whole thing like we were big underdogs. And what about some notiriety for our QB? Why not a battle of two outstanding rookie quaterbacks? Isn't it about time JT start getting some props from the sporting world?
I've been saying the same things about JT. He is #6 in ESPN's "Total QBR" ratings, ahead of Famous Jameis and Dak Prescott, yet he never gets mentioned among the elite QBs. It should get better next year, but for some reason I think they will still talk about Jameis (if he's still there...not likely), Watson, and probably Marquise Williams as the best in our league. No freaking respect... I hope JT uses the haters for motivation

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If Snoddy has a closed fracture , he should heal up just fine. He seems like a hard worker , so we will see him just as good next year. Tough break for the young man, but could have been worse.

Snoddy has really has worked hard to improve his blocking and spacing his distance from QB to take the pitch. He has tremulously improved his game this year. I hope that he recovers fully for next years games.

b to tak