GT Bowl Projections

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Belk Bowl needs to wake up and take the Yellow Jackets!
They say "Tech fans don't travel well" but this year is different and totally ideal...
(1) Big rebound from 3-9 to 8-4 -- we're galvanized about a return to a bowls after missing-out.
(2) Belk provides an SEC opponent w/ regional appeal -- a rare exciting bowl match-up instead of some distant team we don't care about.
(3) Charlotte is only 4 hours away from Atlanta -- shortest trip of any bowl means Tech fans WILL travel.
(4) Kickoff at 5:30pm -- Game likely ending after 9:00 means we'll likely get a room and spend $$.
(5) Dec 29th date beats the heck out of Wednesday Pinstripe or Russell Athletic.

Sure the Dec 31st TaxSlayer in Jacksonville is our preferred choice for distance, weather, & date, but frankly the Belk Bowl should LOVE Georgia Tech. This year is a perfect storm of positivity to prove it.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Belk Bowl needs to wake up and take the Yellow Jackets!
They say "Tech fans don't travel well" but this year is different and totally ideal...
(1) Big rebound from 3-9 to 8-4 -- we're galvanized about a return to a bowls after missing-out.
(2) Belk provides an SEC opponent w/ regional appeal -- a rare exciting bowl match-up instead of some distant team we don't care about.
(3) Charlotte is only 4 hours away from Atlanta -- shortest trip of any bowl means Tech fans WILL travel.
(4) Kickoff at 5:30pm -- Game likely ending after 9:00 means we'll likely get a room and spend $$.
(5) Dec 29th date beats the heck out of Wednesday Pinstripe or Russell Athletic.

Sure the Dec 31st TaxSlayer in Jacksonville is our preferred choice for distance, weather, & date, but frankly the Belk Bowl should LOVE Georgia Tech. This year is a perfect storm of positivity to prove it.

I've made it to Charlotte in 2:45 from Marietta :D

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly would like to play some overrated BIG or SEC team regardless of the where. OSU and Michigan are good teams and so is Penn State but looking at some of the other "tough" big 10 teams it reminds me of the SEC being propped up by smoke and mirrors.

Wisconsin and Nebraska climbed the rankings over wins that were seen as quality at the time (Oregon, LSU before firing Les, Michigan State, Iowa) that turned out to suck. Then other teams got credit for beating these over ranked teams (aka teams beating Wisconsin and Nebraska). Now they have too many wins for us to match up against them but I'd love to play a team like that. It's a win-win bc if we were to lose they're overrated so we lost to a "better" team and if we win we beat a ranked team and expose this dumbass nonsense