GT 7.5 Home Dog to UCF

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Please take the time to read a post before you respond. I never compared the teams. I’m comparing the general reaction to those teams. Outside of Atlanta GT was disparaged and still are regarding 1990. Just like UCF was and is. Sure, we can make fun of their self declaration of a title but the bottom is line they went undefeated and beat an SEC giant in the bowl game. They’ve won double digit games since. They are good. If we win then that will be a nice feather in our cap. I expect to win but I have a lot of respect for the little guy who takes on all comers.
Not even a close comparison. Anyone who wants to dispute our 1990 National Championship can go to the Edge Center and see the crystal football. That's the same crystal football given to the BCS National Champion until the new play-off trophy was devised.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Very true. FSU's worst class in the past five years was ranked #22. They had two classes that were in the top ten including one that was #2. In contrast, neither Tech nor UCF have had a class higher than FSU's worst class which was last year by the way. I don't think UCF has had a class higher than in the 40s or 50s in the past five years. Could be wrong about that. I do remember they had one that was ranked #75 which was their worst class in the past five years. FSU squanders talent, UCF makes the most of what they have.

I'd have to go dig up some of their old rosters, but IIRC, they were also benefited by a few blue chip players gained via the transfer market. I know they have a 4* DB on the team that transferred there from uga.

Seems they get 1-2 4* transfers every offseason.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
When I say young, I mean young for Collins recruits. Also, young as in depth. Not many junior 2nd stringers. We are definitely heavier total roster wise on the freshman, RS freshman, sophomore, RS sophomore side compared to junior, senior. Sure starters are older, but DL is young, QB is young, WRs are young in Brown, Ezzard. RB outside of Mason are young. TEs are extremely young.
Can't speak for other schools but it seems like forever Tech has always been young. More freshmen and sophomores than Juniors and seniors year in and year out as a whole , I'm not talking about the starters but the whole team.

Deleted member 2897

Please take the time to read a post before you respond. I never compared the teams. I’m comparing the general reaction to those teams. Outside of Atlanta GT was disparaged and still are regarding 1990. Just like UCF was and is. Sure, we can make fun of their self declaration of a title but the bottom is line they went undefeated and beat an SEC giant in the bowl game. They’ve won double digit games since. They are good. If we win then that will be a nice feather in our cap. I expect to win but I have a lot of respect for the little guy who takes on all comers.

They did not go undefeated. They refused to play every team on their schedule, and it was one of the very few P5 opponents. If a team like them wants to be considered for a national championship, first they need to play every team on their schedule. They have only done that once since 2016. Second, they need to schedule tougher opponents out of conference. They are the ones who chose to play teams like Austin Peay and Maine (they ducked 2 games that year).

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
When did I say they should have been considered? I simply said they won every game they played and were good. They whipped Auburn. They are a legit very good team year after year. I don’t care about conference affiliation. I’ve seen GT beat SEC teams and I’ve seen us lose to Kansas and Citadel. It’s going to be a tough game that I hope we win.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
They did not go undefeated. They refused to play every team on their schedule, and it was one of the very few P5 opponents. If a team like them wants to be considered for a national championship, first they need to play every team on their schedule. They have only done that once since 2016. Second, they need to schedule tougher opponents out of conference. They are the ones who chose to play teams like Austin Peay and Maine (they ducked 2 games that year).
I’m not sure many big teams are clamoring to play UCF out of conference. It takes two to tango.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand that but what I am trying to say is if u wanna play with the big boys, don't get mad when they want it in their house
This is dumb logic, I feel like they are scared of going somewhere else and risk losing. Bama is like that, they complain that no one wants to play them, but leave out the fact that they want all of their opponents to come to them...

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
UCF isn’t UF. Don’t complain about no one wanting to play you when you won’t take the games. It’s a lose lose situation for UF so it makes sense to do a 2 and 1. Florida has nothing to gain with that series while UCF has everything to gain

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
UCF isn’t UF. Don’t complain about no one wanting to play you when you won’t take the games. It’s a lose lose situation for UF so it makes sense to do a 2 and 1. Florida has nothing to gain with that series while UCF has everything to gain
If Florida wanted to play us and offered a 2 for 1 should we take it?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
UCF is in the AAC, the old Big East. I'd say that's a P5-lite league, with some really good teams. Unlike some of the smaller G5 conferences, I think the AAC teams should be afforded a little more respect. I think they deserve a home-and-home. However, I understand why UF wouldn't want to do that, especially in their own backyard. There's got to be some incentive for UF to play UCF and USF. the 2-for-1 is the only thing they can get. They're not giving them $$$ to play them and if they lose, it just tarnishes their image locally by bolstering a potential rival.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
No. But that’s apples to oranges. We’re Power 5 team from a power conference that was a one time a conference rival of UF. We’re not a program whose first football division 1 football game was in 1996.
Yet we accept home and homes against G5 opponents. Most recently Temple and South Florida. If we can do that and Florida just can't accept a home and home against a much better program in UCF, then does that mean we are drastically lower in stature than Florida is and if so why would they ever do a home and home with us?

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
This is dumb logic, I feel like they are scared of going somewhere else and risk losing. Bama is like that, they complain that no one wants to play them, but leave out the fact that they want all of their opponents to come to them...
Um considering Bama plays Auburn, LSU, and Texas A&M in conference games every year I wouldn't say they need to prove themselves through out of conference games. However if you in the AAC your going to have to do that. After All UCF couldn't beat PITT on the road, so what makes us think they would beat UF. For example, UF playing Miami last year, Miami was not in a good stage in their program, but they have a lot of tradition and successful history, If you want to make yourself known in college football and ruffle some feathers, its simple take the 2 and 1.