GT 7.5 Home Dog to UCF

UCFVanWilder

Georgia Tech Fan
Losing to a 3 win team 2 years after coming off a “national championship.” And you claim too be a program better than UF. I respect your team but this program makes themselves sound like a joke because they don’t shut there mouths.
Who claims to be a better program than UF? In 2017 we had a better team than UF, in 2018 before the loss of our QB we had a better team than UF. Thats not a better program, thats two moments in time. The argument against 2017 National Championship is infuriating. First, if you dont understand the point that it was to bring awareness to the fact most teams in college football will never have a chance to make the playoffs then I dont know what to tell you. Also, we didnt have to claim it....the NCAA did it for us. Their official rules acknowledge different polls as legitimate when determining the national champion. The playoffs are recognized as just one way, the Colley Matrix is also an approved way. If you go through their official record book it will show the results of each of these polls and who the "National Champion" was for that year. The Colley Matrix recognized us, its computer formula figured that Auburn beat both Georgia and Alabama that year (which played in the final playoff game) and we beat them. Its not a claimed championship like ESPN made it out to be, its actually in the NCAA Record book under Colley Matrix.

On a side note, it is estimated that that "National Championship" translated to over $200m of advertising exposure so thats cool.

UCFVanWilder

Georgia Tech Fan
Maybe but last time I checked ACC teams actually play defense😂. Can’t say the same for the AACbud. Not to mention ur a UCF fan in a GT forum so let’s not claim “unbiased”
I said I try to be objective about it lol. You guys do play some defense, but the Big 12 doesnt and nobody seems to have an issue with that. You did acknowledge that I am not incorrect. Its not how you get the W, its about getting the W.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Who claims to be a better program than UF? In 2017 we had a better team than UF, in 2018 before the loss of our QB we had a better team than UF. Thats not a better program, thats two moments in time. The argument against 2017 National Championship is infuriating. First, if you dont understand the point that it was to bring awareness to the fact most teams in college football will never have a chance to make the playoffs then I dont know what to tell you. Also, we didnt have to claim it....the NCAA did it for us. Their official rules acknowledge different polls as legitimate when determining the national champion. The playoffs are recognized as just one way, the Colley Matrix is also an approved way. If you go through their official record book it will show the results of each of these polls and who the "National Champion" was for that year. The Colley Matrix recognized us, its computer formula figured that Auburn beat both Georgia and Alabama that year (which played in the final playoff game) and we beat them. Its not a claimed championship like ESPN made it out to be, its actually in the NCAA Record book under Colley Matrix.

On a side note, it is estimated that that "National Championship" translated to over $200m of advertising exposure so thats cool.

Welcome to the board, Van.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Were you pretty sure Florida couldn't lose to an FCS Ga Southern team not too long ago? Because they did. The point of this isn't really to prove UCF and Florida are equal in terms of stature. They aren't. But some programs deserve a little more respect than just saying you won't play them unless its a 2 for 1 with the 1 apparently being a neutral site game. That is a joke and UF should be embarrassed that they offered it. You should also realize that you are bashing our program at the same time because we are apparently fine playing a home and home with them.
I am not bashing GT at all first of all. It is a little different for our program because we are an out of state school. It’s a lot different when you are in the same state. UCFVan Wilder said it himself “there fans traveled to FAU” and they will travel to UF too, so the homegirls advantage isn’t as great as it would be compared to GT. And let’s not forget to mention that GA southern team gave Alabama hell with the triple option too, two years prior, because of a guy many of you might know by the name of Jerick McKinnon, who tears apart nfl defenses now as well

UCFVanWilder

Georgia Tech Fan
I am not bashing GT at all first of all. It is a little different for our program because we are an out of state school. It’s a lot different when you are in the same state. UCFVan Wilder said it himself “there fans traveled to FAU” and they will travel to UF too, so the homegirls advantage isn’t as great as it would be compared to GT. And let’s not forget to mention that GA southern team gave Alabama hell with the triple option too, two years prior, because of a guy many of you might know by the name of Jerick McKinnon, who tears apart nfl defenses now as well
Its about $$$$. The swamp sits 88,548 which is sold out for years to come with season ticket holders. We might be given a small visitor allotment....that doesnt pay the bills. You now have to pay some cupcake to play a single game at home to fill the slot that you have open due to the 2 for 1....lost more money in both direct payment and lower attendance for crappy game. The Neutral site would still be an away atmosphere with 70% tickets given to UF and revenue....

FSU just sent out a letter to their season ticket holders begging for them to donate their tickets (despite not being chosen to attend this year) because they are bleeding money. No joke, I read it and it was embarrassing. You know who hasnt had to do that yet? UCF because we have made responsible financial decisions which includes scheduling.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Its about $$$$. The swamp sits 88,548 which is sold out for years to come with season ticket holders. We might be given a small visitor allotment....that doesnt pay the bills. You now have to pay some cupcake to play a single game at home to fill the slot that you have open due to the 2 for 1....lost more money in both direct payment and lower attendance for crappy game. The Neutral site would still be an away atmosphere with 70% tickets given to UF and revenue....

FSU just sent out a letter to their season ticket holders begging for them to donate their tickets (despite not being chosen to attend this year) because they are bleeding money. No joke, I read it and it was embarrassing. You know who hasnt had to do that yet? UCF because we have made responsible financial decisions which includes scheduling.
Well do you also acknowledge one other reason you haven’t had to do that is because your the largest college in the US, lots of enrollment equals lots of tickets sold

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The home state argument falls apart a bit also considering we are playing a home and home against Georgia State, a program that isn't in the same stratosphere as UCF right now. Miami also scheduled a home and home against Florida International, another program that obviously isn't at UCFs level.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I love college football and I try to be as unbiased as I can in everything in life. SEC is the best week in and week out. Over the last few years the ACC has not been very good. If we are talking the mean, yes Clemson holds all of your cellar dwellers up but that's it. You take them out, I am not sure the next 3 top ACC teams are that much better than top 3 AAC teams. I am not talking historically, I am talking last couple years.
Hey so when we beat y’all do we get to claim ourselves as the Florida National Champions?

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Let me say this the 2017 and UCF team had a top 4 offense in the country and I acknowledge that, however I do not believe your defense could run with the big boys. Auburn was significantly injured going into that game, and had just gotten there rear end handed too then after playing Georgia again, Offensively I think you could’ve hung with them, but in the end your defense would’ve led to you demise

UCFVanWilder

Georgia Tech Fan
Let me say this the 2017 and UCF team had a top 4 offense in the country and I acknowledge that, however I do not believe your defense could run with the big boys. Auburn was significantly injured going into that game, and had just gotten there rear end handed too then after playing Georgia again, Offensively I think you could’ve hung with them, but in the end your defense would’ve led to you demise
I dont disagree, but you dont know until you play the game. I have seen some crazy stuff happen in college football. The point was not ever having any avenue to "play the game". How we got to talking about 3 seasons ago I dont know lol. This team has limited players from that team and has no bearing on our game saturday. Just like your Citadel loss had not bearing on your Win against FSU. Excited to see how both teams look this weekend, my absolute fear is making sure we have knocked the rust off.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Which leads back to my point, if you want a chance to “play the game” you have got to take offers and go make a statement against big time programs, because you don’t get that in the AAC. No one in college football pays much attention to teams in the first week when they play FCS teams, because it isn’t a good measure of talent. A lot of teams can blow out Austin Peay by 50, but the best teams beat Bama in Bryant Denny, beat Texas in their house. So yeah it might not be “fair”, but strength of schedules arent “fair” either. If UCF truly wants to make the playoff, they need to take a big game offer.

UCFVanWilder

Georgia Tech Fan
Well that team who got that 4 spot won the whole thing, so if your still mad about not getting the 4 spot, I got news for you, THE OTHER TEAM DESERVED IT MORE BECAUSE THEY WON THE WHOLE THING
The home state argument falls apart a bit also considering we are playing a home and home against Georgia State, a program that isn't in the same stratosphere as UCF right now. Miami also scheduled a home and home against Florida International, another program that obviously isn't at UCFs level.
Nobody in-state wants to touch us. Florida boosters were pushing for it when we were coming off the 2017 season which is why UF Athletics leaked the 2 and "1 in orlando" to say its not us its them. The other issue we have had is schools buying out the game. We were supposed to play texas in either 2018 or 2019, forget which one, at home but they bought out the game based on the terms of their contract. When we had crappy years we could schedule the big boys, but as soon as we improved they quickly back out.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Nobody in-state wants to touch us. Florida boosters were pushing for it when we were coming off the 2017 season which is why UF Athletics leaked the 2 and "1 in orlando" to say its not us its them. The other issue we have had is schools buying out the game. We were supposed to play texas in either 2018 or 2019, forget which one, at home but they bought out the game based on the terms of their contract. When we had crappy years we could schedule the big boys, but as soon as we improved they quickly back out.
Or your AD could actually have some common sense like the USF AD in order to schedule the big boys

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I stand by what I said, taking the 2-1 mag hurt financially, but it would give UCF the validation they need. If they don’t want to take it fine, but don’t complain about being “snubbed” out of the playoffs when you haven’t shown a win against one of the nations top teams, because all the other programs will have that

UCFVanWilder

Georgia Tech Fan
Which leads back to my point, if you want a chance to “play the game” you have got to take offers and go make a statement against big time programs, because you don’t get that in the AAC. No one in college football pays much attention to teams in the first week when they play FCS teams, because it isn’t a good measure of talent. A lot of teams can blow out Austin Peay by 50, but the best teams beat Bama in Bryant Denny, beat Texas in their house. So yeah it might not be “fair”, but strength of schedules arent “fair” either. If UCF truly wants to make the playoff, they need to take a big game offer.
I dont disagree but when you are operating on a razor thin budget you jeopardize your entire athletics operation. We have you guys, Loserville, BYU, Boise, UNC etc on upcoming schedules. This year we were supposed to host a top 25 UNC at home, Covid squashed that. Its hard to predict who is going to be good a decade out when you schedule

UCFVanWilder

Georgia Tech Fan
Or your AD could actually have some common sense like the USF AD in order to schedule the big boys
I addressed this earlier. Different Circumstances. They play in an NFL stadium with huge capacity and limited ticket commitment. They can give up 70% or more of tickets and revenue to attract those teams. Thats how they do it. We cant. Our stadium sits roughly 45k and is sold out to season ticket holders for the last few years. Thats the issue.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I dont disagree but when you are operating on a razor thin budget you jeopardize your entire athletics operation. We have you guys, Loserville, BYU, Boise, UNC etc on upcoming schedules. This year we were supposed to host a top 25 UNC at home, Covid squashed that. Its hard to predict who is going to be good a decade out when you schedule
Yes you do have better teams on your schedule NOW, but I think we can both agree that in 2017 and 18 you played a very soft regular season schedule