GT 7.5 Home Dog to UCF

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Anything 10 or over I’m loading up. I’m still leaning towards the under since it’s UCFs first game. I see a 31-27’ish game.
I did well Saturday. Got us on the spread and money line. So I have some money to play with.
Syracuse killed me. Had them -24 and lost by 25. Blew a 4 team ticket for me.
I agree. If I can get 10, I'll move it to 10.5. I may hammer the under.

I took Cuse 1st half and UNC 2nd.
Buddy found a crazy stat. UNC only averaged 12 points in the 1st half last year. Looks like it carried over. I got cuse +17.5 live when UNC went up 7-0. At half time. Then flipped it on UNC -11.5.
small change but didn't trust the game lol.
Screenshot_20200914-021643_Chrome.jpg

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Anything 10 or over I’m loading up. I’m still leaning towards the under since it’s UCFs first game. I see a 31-27’ish game.
I did well Saturday. Got us on the spread and money line. So I have some money to play with.
Syracuse killed me. Had them -24 and lost by 25. Blew a 4 team ticket for me.
Biggest tip I give to people is look for really good teams playing FCS teams and take the under. Its scary in the 1st half. You may see some serious points in the 1st half, but they pull starters and the other team is usually exhausted. My buddy and I picked these left and right last year and won 12 of 15. Bama under was always a solid bet when they played cupcake games.
Screenshot_20200914-021818_Chrome.jpg

Deleted member 2897

UCF can win and should win on paper. First they have to show up and play the game. They’ve played their full schedule once since 2016. We have to show up and treat them like FSU - be insulted we are disrespected and be ready to play. Cut our penalties in half, cut our turnovers in half, cut the stupid mistakes. If those things happen we will be in the game - then we have to have the poise to win.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
IMO, the biggest challenge for Collins this week will be to get this young team back to earth. Watching Packer and Durham this morning pile on the accolades for Sims , Ryans , etc. We appear ( after 1 game against a new coach with a talented team) to be improved by a lot. Are we going to challenge for rhe ACC championship this year ?
NO WAY, IMO ! UCF is the perfect game for us at this point. If we come out unfocused , all full of ourselves, they will hammer us. If we continue the improvement, clean up mistakes - especially in the FG/PAT teams , and Sims takes another step forward, we have a CHANCE to surprise again.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
UCF has been a really strong G5 program for over a decade. The 2017 team under Scott Frost with Milton at QB was legitimately a top 10 team (But they'd have gotten stomped in the playoffs IMHO. Auburn was scrappy, but a different team at home that year.) But, under Heupel, they haven't been as explosive.

2020 Tech has more talent. But UCF has a more established system. Although, they lost a ton of production on offense from last year. Their QB is back, but the OL is turning over and their best WR and a top RB are in the NFL.

As mentioned elsewhere, their offense is a system, it's predicated on disrupting the defense with extreme tempo. Their defense was decent last year, but gives up points (the downside of the offense's tempo is the other offense will have a lot of opportunities too.) Their goal is to get in a shootout and out shoot their opponent. (Polar opposite of the 3O.)

If this game were happening on the original schedule and they'd had two games to tune up and Tech had been mauled by Clemson. I'd say the opening line UCF by ~10 was a really good #, based on where these programs are. But, this is their first game, they've had a lot of opt outs, which points to... something. Those guys weren't foregoing the season for the draft. Is there a cultural issue with the team? Depth is important to a team that plans on running that many plays. The no-huddle tempo relies on the offensive players to be on the same page.

I see the game going like this: They come out in tempo and move the ball efficiently, but end a lot of drives short because of busted plays, miscommunication and mistakes. Tech plays aggressive D which pressures their O-Line and makes the QB have to work. Gabriel is a gunslinger, but he's not electric with his feet. The secondary does a decent job of limiting their gains. Nonetheless, they dink and dunk down the field. But they have to slow down because every team I've watched so far this season has looked sloppy in game 1.

On Tech's side, I think 'we' look more like we did in the second half last week. We've broken off a lot of our rust. I think we score on some early drives. They have some hiccups. Tech gets an early lead. They outscore Tech in the second half. The game comes down to whether Tech can hold off their 'comeback bid'. I think it comes down to their last possession: whether that's them running out the clock to hold a lead, scoring to ice the game, or scoring a go-ahead winning points. Tech's D will have a chance to win the game. UCF pulls out the win, but Tech looks competitive against a team that finishes the year undefeated and highly ranked.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Admit it, you thought they deserved a national championship in 17.

I think they deserved the chance in a real 8 team playoff. "That's why they play the games.". I definitely would have been rooting for them.

Great post y'all with good info. Anyone know how many 4/5 stats each team will have on the field? (Pre-covid weekly testing.)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Their goal is to get in a shootout and out shoot their opponent. (Polar opposite of the 3O.)

This is odd (not that I am disagreeing) but when I think of a typical Tech game under CPJ I think of a 45 - 41 shootout one way or the other rather than a 14 - 10 grind it out slugfest.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We are a 7.5 point dog. UCF is getting 65% of the bets and 99% of the early money. Over under opened at 62 and has dropped to 61 rightfully so.

I assume this line will grow to about 9.5-10.5 by kickoff. Too much money coming in on UCF to hold at 7.5.

The under at 61 looks solid. We will be lucky to hold them 24. They probably put up around 28-31. I don't think we cross the 21 mark. I think the spread is about right and we make it at worst a 2 score game.

I hate doubting the team I love more than most things on earth, but my prediction is 31-21 UCF.

We are still an extremely young team. UCF is a FAR different animal than FSU. UCF might hang 40+ on FSU in their current state.

The way we stay in this game is to control the clock and keep their offense off the field. Their defense will cause havoc, but they lack depth at CB and DL due to covid opt outs. If our Oline can wear them down an Mason can eat up yards we have a solid chance to keep this close and as Coach Collins give us a chance at the end of the game to win it.
I’m not buying all the UCF love, we may lose but i think these teams are prob a lot more even than people are giving us credit for. Also they say a team makes its biggest improvements btwn games 1-2 🤞

Question, why do some of you all keep saying we are a young team. Yes Sims is a Freshman and we did bring the Freshman in at Tackle, but 75% of the guys that start and played are Juniors and Seniors. We have the most returning starters of anyone in the ACC. If you look at the tackle chart from the game 90% were 2017 and 2018 recruits.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
UCF has been a really strong G5 program for over a decade. The 2017 team under Scott Frost with Milton at QB was legitimately a top 10 team (But they'd have gotten stomped in the playoffs IMHO. Auburn was scrappy, but a different team at home that year.) But, under Heupel, they haven't been as explosive.

2020 Tech has more talent. But UCF has a more established system. Although, they lost a ton of production on offense from last year. Their QB is back, but the OL is turning over and their best WR and a top RB are in the NFL.

As mentioned elsewhere, their offense is a system, it's predicated on disrupting the defense with extreme tempo. Their defense was decent last year, but gives up points (the downside of the offense's tempo is the other offense will have a lot of opportunities too.) Their goal is to get in a shootout and out shoot their opponent. (Polar opposite of the 3O.)

If this game were happening on the original schedule and they'd had two games to tune up and Tech had been mauled by Clemson. I'd say the opening line UCF by ~10 was a really good #, based on where these programs are. But, this is their first game, they've had a lot of opt outs, which points to... something. Those guys weren't foregoing the season for the draft. Is there a cultural issue with the team? Depth is important to a team that plans on running that many plays. The no-huddle tempo relies on the offensive players to be on the same page.

I see the game going like this: They come out in tempo and move the ball efficiently, but end a lot of drives short because of busted plays, miscommunication and mistakes. Tech plays aggressive D which pressures their O-Line and makes the QB have to work. Gabriel is a gunslinger, but he's not electric with his feet. The secondary does a decent job of limiting their gains. Nonetheless, they dink and dunk down the field. But they have to slow down because every team I've watched so far this season has looked sloppy in game 1.

On Tech's side, I think 'we' look more like we did in the second half last week. We've broken off a lot of our rust. I think we score on some early drives. They have some hiccups. Tech gets an early lead. They outscore Tech in the second half. The game comes down to whether Tech can hold off their 'comeback bid'. I think it comes down to their last possession: whether that's them running out the clock to hold a lead, scoring to ice the game, or scoring a go-ahead winning points. Tech's D will have a chance to win the game. UCF pulls out the win, but Tech looks competitive against a team that finishes the year undefeated and highly ranked.
Are you referencing Auburn as their opponent in UCF's bowl game which topped off their undefeated season? If I recall Auburn's big-time RB was hurt and that bowl game was one of those where the game was clearly a let-down for Auburn. Auburn had gotten smacked down by ugag in the SEC Champ game but were hoping for playoff birth with a win over ugag.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Question, why do some of you all keep saying we are a young team. Yes Sims is a Freshman and we did bring the Freshman in at Tackle, but 75% of the guys that start and played are Juniors and Seniors. We have the most returning starters of anyone in the ACC. If you look at the tackle chart from the game 90% were 2017 and 2018 recruits.
When I say young, I mean young for Collins recruits. Also, young as in depth. Not many junior 2nd stringers. We are definitely heavier total roster wise on the freshman, RS freshman, sophomore, RS sophomore side compared to junior, senior. Sure starters are older, but DL is young, QB is young, WRs are young in Brown, Ezzard. RB outside of Mason are young. TEs are extremely young.