GT (+10.5) at Miami

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If we can play keep away, not turn it over, and score at least 28 points, I think we win.
this is a both and for me. I agree with you BStone - tough away game with a top 15 team that has a Coach that has a history of knowing how to game plan against us. AND Cheese is right - we score 28, no more than 1 turnover and win the TOP with some margin, GT WINS!

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
this is a both and for me. I agree with you BStone - tough away game with a top 15 team that has a Coach that has a history of knowing how to game plan against us. AND Cheese is right - we score 28, no more than 1 turnover and win the TOP with some margin, GT WINS!

At least going forward, he won't be able to bring his own refs every other contest. ;)

He wasn't exactly raising any standards while at UGA. I don't know, maybe the pressure to win at UGA forced him to take riskier kids. Until he proves me otherwise, I am not sold on Richt being someone to raise the morals and character of a program.
Someone posted and I thoroughly agree, Richt learned and perfected the sleazy side of college football from the master of sleaze, Bobby Bowden. Like his mentor, he is a charlatan and a fraud. He recruits every low character punk available and puts them on the field, regardless of their behavior. The FSU game Saturday could have been a replay of several Tech-UGA games over the Richt era. Cheap shots, late hits, injured Seminoles. It is by design, and we need to be prepared for it. Mark Richt is one of the true douchebags in college football.

Deleted member 2897

Duke is about the same level as UNC (that game was played even and the score turned on a pick six at the end), so I give them about as much credit for that win as I do ours over the Tarheels. We dominated the game much more than they did, although UNC being injured probably helped a bit. I think GT and Miami have looked pretty close so far and I see no reason we should fear them.

Yea, I mean if we make either field goal, don't fumble in their red zone, or pitch the ball on the final play, we're 4-0 and ranked probably #15. We doubled up Tennessee in every meaningful statistical category. I don't care who you are, you don't double someone up without thoroughly beating the sam hill out of them.

Am I the only one who sees Miami as a top 11 team right now? This is by far our toughest game to date and will be our 3rd toughest game over all. If we sneak out of this one with a win that says big things. A loss here is not the end of the season for us either. They are a great team right now and have a coach that has had our number for years.

I am not making excuses or anything but lets be realistic. Were going to Miami to play a great team. They are a deeper team than we have faced and most talented by far.

GO Jackets!

They are ranked #11 because they are undefeated. Its really just as simple as that. They are the lowest ranked undefeated P5 team. That's a pretty fair description to me. They beat a meh FSU team and a bunch of garbage. I think they have a chance to win 9-10 games this year, which would imply a #10-#15 ranking. But the meat of their schedule is left, like ours.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Yea, I mean if we make either field goal, don't fumble in their red zone, or pitch the ball on the final play, we're 4-0 and ranked probably #15. We doubled up Tennessee in every meaningful statistical category. I don't care who you are, you don't double someone up without thoroughly beating the sam hill out of them.

They are ranked #11 because they are undefeated. Its really just as simple as that. They are the lowest ranked undefeated P5 team. That's a pretty fair description to me. They beat a meh FSU team and a bunch of garbage. I think they have a chance to win 9-10 games this year, which would imply a #10-#15 ranking. But the meat of their schedule is left, like ours.
FSU outgained NC State by 17 yards and Miami by 69 yards. Lost by 4 to Da U and by 6 to NCSU.
My takeaways from this:
1) This year's FSU team, particularly after losing Francois, is probably the weakest since Papa Bowden left.
2) NC State is probably a fairly similar team to us. They had a first game loss to South Carolina I'm sure they wish they could play again. Only difference is they're ranked #20 because they have wins over FSU and Louisville. We need to go out and get some signatures wins, and it starts with Miami this weekend.

Troy beat LSU, who beat Florida, who beat Tennessee, who beat Tech. It's football.

Stony157

Georgia Tech Fan
Great post.

I'm missing something. You're a Miami fan right? Yet, you say "we" can take advantage of their injuries and mistakes.
Second, it usually comes down to blocking and tackling, not injuries and mistakes (with some exceptions, Tennessee). I think there's a very good possibility we beat Miami because we block the dog-pee out of them and dominate their guys up front. And, I'm hopeful, though not yet to the point of expecting, that we will also tackle the dog-pee out of them and stone their offense.

You probably haven't read my intro message. I went to undergraduate at Tech, BEE 1971, MBA Miami 1985. So I like both teams. I wear my Tech hat or shirt along with my Miami shirt or hat whenever the two schools play each other. Tech could very well win this game, but that hasn't been the case mostly when Miami's been down for the last 15 years. This year, Miami is definitely getting better, so I would think it will be a dogfight. I will say that Miami always takes Tech seriously because it always is a dogfight. We'll see. History shows Tech usually wins the TOP, but Miami wins the games.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Duke may be better than we think and FSU might be as good as we thought, both giving more weight to Miami's W's.
But based on what I've seen, GT should be able to run on your defense and control the clock ... which should be a big deal, especially in crappy weather that will hamper "big" plays on offense.

I hope you’re right, though crappy weather also contributes to fumbles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You probably haven't read my intro message. I went to undergraduate at Tech, BEE 1971, MBA Miami 1985. So I like both teams. I wear my Tech hat or shirt along with my Miami shirt or hat whenever the two schools play each other. Tech could very well win this game, but that hasn't been the case mostly when Miami's been down for the last 15 years. This year, Miami is definitely getting better, so I would think it will be a dogfight. I will say that Miami always takes Tech seriously because it always is a dogfight. We'll see. History shows Tech usually wins the TOP, but Miami wins the games.
You are schizophrenic.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Vegas betters weigh in

I can't disagree with the guy with the beard. We really haven't played anyone that's good. This is the most talent we have faced all year. We have to be flawless on both sides. No turnovers and no lost yards on early downs. Defensively we have to get pressure on Rozier and lock down Barios. I think we will be ok against there run game with Walton out. My main concern is us coming our slow and rusty from a bye week. We really need 10-14 points our first 2/3 drives.