GT (+10.5) at Miami

Deleted member 2897

I can't disagree with the guy with the beard. We really haven't played anyone that's good. This is the most talent we have faced all year. We have to be flawless on both sides. No turnovers and no lost yards on early downs. Defensively we have to get pressure on Rozier and lock down Barios. I think we will be ok against there run game with Walton out. My main concern is us coming our slow and rusty from a bye week. We really need 10-14 points our first 2/3 drives.

The guy with the beard has the typical understanding of us from afar. That is to say, no context. Sure we've played some bad teams. But we have beat the ever living snot out of each of them. He completely ignores that Miami was losing to Toledo in the 3rd quarter, that it was only an 11 point game against a bad Duke game in the 4th quarter.

The truth is we played our (bad) opponents better than anybody else. On average, our opponents are scoring 1/2 of what they do in the rest of their games. Miami averages 37 points per game. If we do that against them, they'll be held to less than 20 points. Lets see if we can do it.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
The guy with the beard has the typical understanding of us from afar. That is to say, no context. Sure we've played some bad teams. But we have beat the ever living snot out of each of them. He completely ignores that Miami was losing to Toledo in the 3rd quarter, that it was only an 11 point game against a bad Duke game in the 4th quarter.

The truth is we played our (bad) opponents better than anybody else. On average, our opponents are scoring 1/2 of what they do in the rest of their games. Miami averages 37 points per game. If we do that against them, they'll be held to less than 20 points. Lets see if we can do it.
Dah U is getting a lot of mileage out of beating a FSU team that will be doing good to win 7 games this year.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Vegas betters weigh in

What blows my mind is that site sells a 3 day access package for $59...why the hell would anyone pay those jabronis that much money for a single weekend of picks when there are so many other oddsmakers/line experts giving their advice online for free? I may be in the wrong business, folks!

Deleted member 2897

Take a look at this counter play from last year. Shows just how disciplined their linebackers are, and the 2 guys that stick outside the tackles on the ends of the line. The job of those guys on the end is secure the perimeter and force everything back inside. Even if the play appears to go the other way, you stay home and do your job. Now watch the linebackers - they flow the direction the play appears to go, but very quickly realize there is no ball there and they all rush back to attack the counter. This is the type of athleticism and reading of the plays which in my opinion has made teams like Miami and Clemson stand out a little better than others.

PZNrWz.gif